Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • how to not get caught/banned using scripts

uptownprimate

On 6/6/2021 at 8:12 AM, uptownprimate said:

was just banned for 2 days by Jagex - apparently they detected that i was using a bot

wondering if you all have established best practices for not getting banned?

i left a high alch script running overnight (like 6 hrs) and woke up to the ban, so i'm imagining that one of the best practices would be only running scripts for a realistic ammount of playtime. unless that's not it...

Dont bot 24/7 what I mean is dont do the same thing for 12 hours without a break  and take a break 15-30 mins is what I found to work best, Dont bot the same activity switch it up, make it look like your human, I have been banned in 2017 but thats because I was dumb, and did the oppoisite and now ive been botting for 4 days not in a row of course and still not been banned thats my advice. be smart about botting dont be dumb about it also dont bot in popular worlds stay away from people the easiest way to get banned is for someone to report you for botting.

Edited by Zekay

• 7 months later...
    6 hours ago, fitz said:

ive been banned days in a row now, only botted 4 hrs a time. i think im done with dreambot lol

Are you using breaks, also are you using free public scripts as those tend to result in higher rates of bans? Another thing are you botting at night in your time zone when everyone normally would be sleeping as that is kinda sus.

Edited by RSMasterGuard

i was defiantly annoyed when i posted this but having read your answer it does make sense, im going to carry on regardless, the amount of high level (very obvious) bots i see is frustrating lol. thanks for your reply though man appreciate it 

43 minutes ago, fitz said:

i was defiantly annoyed when i posted this but having read your answer it does make sense, im going to carry on regardless, the amount of high level (very obvious) bots i see is frustrating lol. thanks for your reply though man appreciate it 

I know what you mean, but you have to remember that botting isn't a get rich/max level quick solution. You are playing a game of cat and mouse where you have to appear like a legit player and that require a lot of different activities, skills and not playing like a robot would. When botting try to go to the heavily bot areas for some botting but also go to places that aren't as heavily botted, do money makers that aren't the best but close to it so that way you aren't caught up with the other botter and ideally use private scripts if you can or at least payed scripts as there will be less people leveraging them and therefore less bots for you to get lumped with when they focus on a certain bot type to mass ban. Even doing all that you aren't going to dodge every ban but should see a significant drop off. I personally when I am not dumb with my botting only see 2-3 accounts lost a week and haven't lost any after they were off tut island in 2.5 weeks.

• 2 months later...

I've discovered that if you do the tutorial manually then bots tend to last waaay more, that is because from what I've seen jaguex bot scanner in the game does not work well untill someone reports you, but when you start the game and the next few days after then thats when all the anti bot scanners and other stuff start annoying us. Basically, if you don't want to get banned, use good scripts and play a day or two yourself with each account. ( Add many friends too)

• 1 month later...

im not really sure y but my accounts keep getting banned like 30 mins after i create them ive had fresh paid proxy  everytime also created account with same proxy via maxthon 5 and i havent even used any scripts yet the only reason i can think of is maybe the fact that i stayed around lumbridge or its dream bot itself

5 hours ago, hankobags said:

Banned after 1 day of light use.

Whoever said dreambot was safe lied

tbh i have not been banned yet, on day 14 of botting on two different accounts. 

• 4 months later...

I botted like mad (12 hours a day for three weeks straight) doing an extremely unpopular task that wasn't very profitable... I got cocky, went to a heavily botted area to mine, got banned after four days.

I don't know how it works, but I find if I choose something heavily botted, my accounts go down.