Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • how to not get caught/banned using scripts

uptownprimate

4 hours ago, GingerBread said:

As I said "Most people know". IMO people can choose to believe what they want about Jagex's system, they're likely just as wrong as the next guy. My OP was to emphasize that flagging people based on time zone and time of day is not very critical thinking, doesn't even make sense. To each their own though. 😮 

So if you're saying that a repetitive movement 5,000 times will throw off a flag, then we are basically just saying the same thing in different words. That would be a flag that would lead to monitoring. There is also a bot detector on runelite that has 50k downloads which autoflags, so players are obviously a tool as well. 

In 2006 I was told it was mostly on players to report, so I'm willing to believe that has obviously changed, we don't use flip phones anymore either. We can agree, to agree. :)

I agree that timezones aren't a factor (in the case of daily playtimes) because that's utterly stupid to use. 

I never said player reports aren't used by Jagex, but they don't lead to automated bans anymore like pre-2010 era. They may lead to flagging tho.

2 hours ago, Axolotl said:

Simply read jagex's privacy policy. They have the legal right to get your computers hardware specs, including MAC address which is a unique address to your specific device. Unless you are changing this either with a high end proxy (each proxy will have its own unique MAC address or manually changing it within CMD, jagex will know its the same device. If this device's MAC address is already flagged, its pretty easy to be banned even with changing IP/proxy IP). The timezone DOES matter. They have lots of data on the average players playtime vs specific timezone. If you are constantly playing at irregular times than the average player, its a flag (not a big one, as people do shift work, but a small flag nonetheless).
    If you are botting just a single account. Just reset your IP/MAC address in CMD, takes like 30seconds and it'll keep it a safe residential one that has less chance of being banned.

Like Defiled mentioned, the ISP/proxy server address may already be flagged which is a pretty easy way to catch other accounts. Thankfully Brazil has a location based legal right and Jagex abides by it (just read the privacy policy). IMO spoofing Brazil has resulted in less bans than most countries.

Jagex is also able to read the time of your computer, meaning that if you're spoofing a timezone that your computers time isn't set to, they can detect you're not actually there, even if its a residential proxy. I know this as until I modified my computers time to the same as the VPN location, I wasn't able to create an account on their website (for a few proxy IP's, not all).

They aren't doing anything that they don't claim in their privacy policy or they face being sued, and tbh they give away lots of information on how to avoid being detected within it too.

Once you have beaten all of their hardware / software checks, it really just comes down to how long you bot for / the quality of the script, like many have said above.

Yes Mac Addresses play a big part if its constantly changing on a single account.

Timezones/local time matter if you load the account on multiple proxies/networks simultaneously as that will 100% flag the account (personally tested). So always wait some time before switching to another network.

The 2 points above do matter but do not play a significant role in bans honestly. what mostly matters in Botting is action patterns, play times, & network bot density (density is very important as real players got banned simply for playing multiple accounts on the same IP including an ex-JMOD Gudi).

Jagex is able to read the JVM time so when you change the proxy on the same jvm, the time won't change. but I don't think this matters or if this is even a factor they check. but I think they might compare the jvm time with the proxy location time, maybe that's what you mean.

On 8/23/2021 at 1:10 AM, z10n said:

"i left a high alch script running overnight (like 6 hrs)"

Jagex tracks your playtime, and considering Overnight playing to be suspsiscious, as thats how people used to bot heavily, bot at night, computer off during work during daytime.  So just by botting overnight alone was a flag, then you didn't use any breaks, you should have used breaks, then you were High-Alching, which is extremely repetitive, and the script would have needed some serious human-emulation in the script to make some random actions to make it human-like for running that long.

I really don't think they care about playtime, otherwise how are you able to explain 100+ hour runtimes?

On 8/29/2021 at 11:27 AM, Axolotl said:

Simply read jagex's privacy policy. They have the legal right to get your computers hardware specs, including MAC address which is a unique address to your specific device. Unless you are changing this either with a high end proxy (each proxy will have its own unique MAC address or manually changing it within CMD, jagex will know its the same device. If this device's MAC address is already flagged, its pretty easy to be banned even with changing IP/proxy IP). The timezone DOES matter. They have lots of data on the average players playtime vs specific timezone. If you are constantly playing at irregular times than the average player, its a flag (not a big one, as people do shift work, but a small flag nonetheless).
    If you are botting just a single account. Just reset your IP/MAC address in CMD, takes like 30seconds and it'll keep it a safe residential one that has less chance of being banned.

Like Defiled mentioned, the ISP/proxy server address may already be flagged which is a pretty easy way to catch other accounts. Thankfully Brazil has a location based legal right and Jagex abides by it (just read the privacy policy). IMO spoofing Brazil has resulted in less bans than most countries.

Jagex is also able to read the time of your computer, meaning that if you're spoofing a timezone that your computers time isn't set to, they can detect you're not actually there, even if its a residential proxy. I know this as until I modified my computers time to the same as the VPN location, I wasn't able to create an account on their website (for a few proxy IP's, not all).

They aren't doing anything that they don't claim in their privacy policy or they face being sued, and tbh they give away lots of information on how to avoid being detected within it too.

Once you have beaten all of their hardware / software checks, it really just comes down to how long you bot for / the quality of the script, like many have said above.

they don't track mac addresses lol

21 hours ago, bap said:

they don't track mac addresses lol

Read their privacy policy before you say silly things.

• Technical Data Commonly known as online identifiers and includes internet protocol (IP) address, unique mobile device identification numbers (such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), type of device, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and geo location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website."

One question to add on to this, does anyone have any anecdotal evidence on how many accounts you can run on a single ip before it triggers a review/ban? Or can you technically run as many as you want with the risk being that if one gets banned a chain ban may happen to all?

On 8/31/2021 at 8:49 PM, Axolotl said:

Read their privacy policy before you say silly things.

• Technical Data Commonly known as online identifiers and includes internet protocol (IP) address, unique mobile device identification numbers (such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), type of device, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and geo location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website."

cool, now tell me where in the client they track it? Thanks

edit: To save u some time, they don't. I'm 99% sure it's in the RS3 client. I don't know anyone who's really familiar with the RS3 client so I can't say for certain or not.

Edited by bap
    Adding information bc he dumb

2 hours ago, bap said:

cool, now tell me where in the client they track it? Thanks

edit: To save u some time, they don't. I'm 99% sure it's in the RS3 client. I don't know anyone who's really familiar with the RS3 client so I can't say for certain or not.

I mean they dont in game but Imperva sure does. Why bother blocking it in game when you can for the most part block at source before they even get in the game

Edited by TheCloakdOne

• 2 weeks later...
    On 6/6/2021 at 6:12 AM, uptownprimate said:

was just banned for 2 days by Jagex - apparently they detected that i was using a bot

wondering if you all have established best practices for not getting banned?

i left a high alch script running overnight (like 6 hrs) and woke up to the ban, so i'm imagining that one of the best practices would be only running scripts for a realistic ammount of playtime. unless that's not it...

I'm no "expert" in the botting-scene, by any means.

However, knowing that Jagex owns their own game. They log a LOT of things.

If I look at ANY account and saw a behavior of alching for 6 hours straight... I would most definitely be suspicious of this account.

I believe some things can totally be botted for 6 hours straight, however something like alching would NOT be one of them.

Just try and do that yourself and you can clearly see why its suspicious... I can't really alch for an hour straight without being over it lmfao...

Main thing to take away, is if YOU as a human can't do what your trying to make your bot do, I wouldn't recommend it. 

Jagex is getting pretty good with detecting bots. (in my opinion...)

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 different proxies and had accounts separated across though and botted for less than 4 hours a day, but they still got banned within a few days

So now I'm worried about spending more money to get scripts because most of them will be used a lot