Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Help with Residential IP, Proxies and Raspberry Pi

caine

Hi there,

I've got some questions regarding IP, and setting up proxies using raspberry Pi.

I've seen many post saying to prevent chain-banning, to use proxies. Additionally, many people claim that datacenter proxies are no good, where some people get banned in less than a day with little botting. So this seemed a no-go for me. Looking at residential proxies, they're quite expensive, and was therefore looking into creating my own proxies using raspberry pi. My questions are as following:

1. I've seen a lot of people say, don't use more than 2-3 accounts per IP to prevent banning. Do people mean external or device IP? I assume external IP.

2. When making a proxy with raspberry pi, does it make sense to use your own IP? Or does that not make a difference?

3. Is it furthermore possible to create multiple proxies on a single raspberry pi?

I'm a little new on IP and proxies, so help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

1.) External

2.) No, because then you are just proxy'ing back to the same IP which is pointless at best.

3.) Maybe? But practically most likely not.  

Make proxy pi's and give them to family members to host.  That is how you'd get free externals.... Or... Hollow out an access point and stick it in there and slap it in a public library or university.  Slap a sticker that says Property of IT do not remove...

13 hours ago, yeeter01 said:

1.) External

2.) No, because then you are just proxy'ing back to the same IP which is pointless at best.

3.) Maybe? But practically most likely not.  

Make proxy pi's and give them to family members to host.  That is how you'd get free externals.... Or... Hollow out an access point and stick it in there and slap it in a public library or university.  Slap a sticker that says Property of IT do not remove...

Great! That's all I need to know I think. Also, I love the sticker idea.

Thanks!

Archived