Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Click Analysis by Club

Club

I believe this too. There's a discussion going on by some reverse engineers who reversed RuneScape and it seems like for the most part they believe that theory as well.

There's also people using bots that don't use the mouse i.e. Packet bots and DoAction bots and they're not getting banned. 

I goldfarm and I used to use a very human-like mouse speed in my scrips. I changed that speed to the highest possible speed the client allowed a few months ago and didn't notice an increase in bans at all. 

These things kind of suggest they don't care about the mouse. Of course there's a possibility they do use it for something but IMO the chance is very slim. 

What do you believe they DO detect then? I mean people have been banned for AHK, do apparently that is detectable. 

What do you believe they DO detect then? I mean people have been banned for AHK, do apparently that is detectable. 

If I knew what they banned off of I wouldn't be getting banned. :3 There's quite a few things they send to their servers so it could be anything. It could even be stuff they don't send to their servers and just track server side, i.e. playtime.

Probably because they used 1 input >1 output with the exact same delay between clicks or something. If they were using it for hours on end it could've been detected as a botting script too maybe. 

Your experience is duly noted and respected, friend :D

What do you think contributes most to bans?

Whatever they use to detect bots.

Any idea why they collect mouse data then? Correct me if I'm wrong, you probably know way more than me, but isn't there code inside the client to do so? I'm not arguing, I'm just genuinely curious as to why that's your opinion.

Dunno, RS hacking doesn't interest me anymore.

I believe this too. There's a discussion going on by some reverse engineers who reversed RuneScape and it seems like for the most part they believe that theory as well.

There's also people using bots that don't use the mouse i.e. Packet bots and DoAction bots and they're not getting banned. 

I goldfarm and I used to use a very human-like mouse speed in my scrips. I changed that speed to the highest possible speed the client allowed a few months ago and didn't notice an increase in bans at all. 

These things kind of suggest they don't care about the mouse. Of course there's a possibility they do use it for something but IMO the chance is very slim. 

Agreed. It would be stupid of them to waste their time looking into mouse biometrics when there are much easier and more reliable ways to detect bots.

I've never been banned using Auto Hot Key, AutoIt, etc. Anyone who's been banned using them either can't code for shit or left it running for 100+ hours.

I believe mouse movement doesn't really contribute to bans.

I do believe they track mouse heatmaps. Clearly it's easy enough to do (we do it), and wouldn't take up a whole lot. They could have it set so that once your account is reported, it starts recording your heatmaps.

Packet bots are different because there's no click. They can randomize where the mouse "click" was, and put it anywhere they want. It doesn't make much of a heatmap. I'd be interested in knowing if the ban rates went up if they set the mouse click to be a single point on every packet. Would be a fun test. :)

As far as out mouse heatmap goes, this is probably one of the first good comparisons we've had for script vs legit play. I'm psyched that you brought it to our attention. The minimap clicking needs work (noto and I are going to work on that soon) and widget interactions need work. Though I'd guess when you played legit you had more centered widgets, like the cook w/e widget, which is why your mouse points are more centered in the chatbox.

And Swizz, do you even know how to autoit :troll:

I really hope to have the mini-map clicking distribution fixed here shortly, as well as the widget click placing.

The widget will most likely be the easiest of the two and may be added first.

If mouse movements don't matter would using getMouse().hop() be safe? Because the mouse slows down a lot to improve accuracy for moving NPCs and I was wondering if I should just make it so the mouse teleports to the target and clicks.

Archived