Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Walker is backtracking

likeablePanda

So I've got two different areas that do this. 

If I walk from cows to the bank in Al Kharid, it will occasionally open the gate, walk a fair amount of distance, then before it gets to the bank, it'll track back open the gate again... then open the gate one more time... THEN go to the bank

Another instance this has happened is air run walking from Falador to the Air ruins. This happens a LOT more going from the altar -> bank rather than the bank -> altar.

Any good way to work around this in the meantime?

• 2 weeks later...
    On 5/26/2021 at 3:40 PM, Pandemic said:

Make sure to sleep long enough before walking again, and if you could give me those paths (start and finish tiles) I can take a closer look.

So I ended up finding that one of the reasons it does something unexpected is because getClosestBank isn't returning the correct value some times. I have one pair example for now, working on code to reproduce it more frequently.

standing at (3004, 3292, 0)
    closest bank 3208,3218 (fally east is clostest bank, this is draynor i believe)

I call getClosestBank AFTER printing the "standing at" print. Even starting at this same tile I cannot produce it even sort of consistenly. When it does happen it seems to persist, as in calling getClosestBank() seems to always return the draynor bank, even when fally east is closest, until I get to draynor.  I'm using the Walk.walkTo to walk to the bank.

I'm working on code to more consistently produce the error here, but i'm struggling to find a way to.

1 hour ago, likeablePanda said:

So I ended up finding that one of the reasons it does something unexpected is because getClosestBank isn't returning the correct value some times. I have one pair example for now, working on code to reproduce it more frequently.

standing at (3004, 3292, 0)
    closest bank 3208,3218 (fally east is clostest bank, this is draynor i believe)

I call getClosestBank AFTER printing the "standing at" print. Even starting at this same tile I cannot produce it even sort of consistenly. When it does happen it seems to persist, as in calling getClosestBank() seems to always return the draynor bank, even when fally east is closest, until I get to draynor.  I'm using the Walk.walkTo to walk to the bank.

I'm working on code to more consistently produce the error here, but i'm struggling to find a way to.

also at the bridge that leads to wizards tower theres a chest there you have to build that chest to be able to use it 
    but on accounts that dont have it built 
    get closestbank location still returns it even though its not technically a bank

Archived