Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Whole windows server freezes with 20+ clients open

RawShrimp

10 hours ago, Elliott1 said:

Hmmm, I'd reccomend as a first port of call to get in touch with your provider. See what they say. If it still persists it can sometimes be worth reinstalling the OS on your Dedi, can fix some issues etc (but make sure you've backed up any important information somewhere)

Yeah im gonna open a ticket with them but i have a feeling its something im doing wrong as im having this issue on different servers.

1 hour ago, RawShrimp said:

Yeah im gonna open a ticket with them but i have a feeling its something im doing wrong as im having this issue on different servers.

All they told me is that the 20+ java instances are causing it

I have a similar issue... an issue I didn't have on db2, which is why I delayed moving to db3 until I had to.  Freezes get on my nerves, I used to run my scripts for weeks on end without manual input [db2], now I'm having to reopen clients *daily* due to freezes, and it's so obnoxious.  I just figured it was the way I wrote my scripts, but I never could pinpoint the cause.

Sometimes it happens in the middle of a walking method I have that works on a while loop, but other times it just happens on basic sleepuntils iirc.  Could never find the reason to the freezes, no matter how much I edited, and modified my script, that I just gave up.  

Gl with finding a solution.

36 minutes ago, oh_my_goth said:

I have a similar issue... an issue I didn't have on db2, which is why I delayed moving to db3 until I had to.  Freezes get on my nerves, I used to run my scripts for weeks on end without manual input [db2], now I'm having to reopen clients *daily* due to freezes, and it's so obnoxious.  I just figured it was the way I wrote my scripts, but I never could pinpoint the cause.

Sometimes it happens in the middle of a walking method I have that works on a while loop, but other times it just happens on basic sleepuntils iirc.  Could never find the reason to the freezes, no matter how much I edited, and modified my script, that I just gave up.  

I don't think that's a similar issue, I believe this user's system is becoming sluggish, not the client itself.

As to your issue, I'm sorry to hear that, please add me on Discord so we can see what's going on: Pandemic#4484

When the client freezes or locks up, try grabbing a thread dump (you can use a profiler like VisualVM, or a command line tool like jstack), that should show you what's going on when it's frozen :) 

8 hours ago, oh_my_goth said:

Apparently audio can cause memory leaks (not sure if general OSRS issue or DB3, suspect the former), might be worth turning it off in-game if not already.

I turn my memory to 324 and I can run 10+ clients without any problems. It could be your system. I have 20gb ram, 4ghz ryzen processor, 4GB GPU and an SSD drive. Never had a client freeze. What specs are you running?

I may have a fairly unique lens on this as I'm just starting out, and thus am likely over generous with computational resources and human attention. I've been botting three mains on my home PC, which to be direct, I built for VR when I got my first big bonus. I give each client maximum memory from the launcher, and my hardware utilisation (from total activity, not just botting) has never reached 50%. I am running a very nonstandard bot setup, so its very plausible I'm introducing performance issues in my code.

In this context, I've had three or four severe client slowdowns in the same number of days. These are fairly exponential, in that the time from noticing performance degradation, to a full client lockup, takes place within 15 minutes. There is no obvious resource issue, for example the clients are not rolling up to a high consistent CPU load or abnormally high memory. To me this is a strong indication of some memory spillage. That this occurs at random, as opposed to with a specific script or activity, leans me towards blaming the client over some segment of my own code.

It's been a non issue for me, but I wanted to chime in with this first hand anecdote that there may be leaks on the lose.

Archived