Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Why dreambot and runelite use different ids?

flappygoat

Hello strangers on the internet. Does anyone know why dreambot client and runelite client have different ids for things. For example: https://github.com/runelite/runelite/blob/master/runelite-api/src/main/java/net/runelite/api/NpcID.java

we can see that in runelite ABIGALE NPC has id = 7623 and that it did not change for at least a year (i checked). On the other hand I inspected Abigale in dreambot client and got 7428. Why is that and is there anything that can be done to use the same ids?

I can confirm that DreamBot is showing ID 7428 for Abigale and RuneLite/OpenOSRS are showing ID 7623. I know there are a few various IDs for Abigale, maybe that would explain the discrepancy? Though I think in this case RuneLite/OpenOSRS would have the correct ID.

38 minutes ago, Bonfire said:

I can confirm that DreamBot is showing ID 7428 for Abigale and RuneLite/OpenOSRS are showing ID 7623. I know there are a few various IDs for Abigale, maybe that would explain the discrepancy? Though I think in this case RuneLite/OpenOSRS would have the correct ID.

Other Abigale ids also don't match dreambot's Abigale. What do you mean correct ID? There is no correct id, seems like dreambot client is using one id and runelite client is using another. That is the weird part for me, because I thought that ids where independent of clients?

4 hours ago, flappygoat said:

Other Abigale ids also don't match dreambot's Abigale. What do you mean correct ID? There is no correct id, seems like dreambot client is using one id and runelite client is using another. That is the weird part for me, because I thought that ids where independent of clients?

Well, there is a "correct" NPC ID for that NPC. Like you stated, they are independent of client. I was simply saying that the ID that RuneLite/OpenOSRS have I would guess to be the "correct" ID (as in, the actual ID for that NPC) and that DreamBot's ID I'm guessing is "incorrect" (as in, not the actual ID of that NPC). DreamBot users have (purportedly) been having trouble interacting with Almera as of late, so I'm guessing DreamBot's way of obtaining the NPC ID for that NPC may bugged/broken.

13 minutes ago, Bonfire said:

Well, there is a "correct" NPC ID for that NPC. Like you stated, they are independent of client. I was simply saying that the ID that RuneLite/OpenOSRS have I would guess to be the "correct" ID (as in, the actual ID for that NPC) and that DreamBot's ID I'm guessing is "incorrect" (as in, not the actual ID of that NPC). DreamBot users have (purportedly) been having trouble interacting with Abigale as of late, so I'm guessing DreamBot's way of obtaining the NPC ID for that NPC may bugged/broken.

Thank you for your replies. I can confirm about the troubles - interacting with Abigale using Dreambot's ID is fine, but using runelite's ID gets you a nulll NPC. Is there a way to contact Dreambot's dev team and ask them about this or submit an issue for this ID discrepancy?

9 minutes ago, flappygoat said:

Thank you for your replies. I can confirm about the troubles - interacting with Abigale using Dreambot's ID is fine, but using runelite's ID gets you a nulll NPC. Is there a way to contact Dreambot's dev team and ask them about this or submit an issue for this ID discrepancy?

Pandemic will most likely come in here and sort everything out soon enough.

Hey there, the reason you may see us use different ID's is how the game treats certain entities in game, especially when they can change (quest NPC's especially). The difference is the npc's "real id" won't change, and what we currently return is the current "version" ID of the npc/object you can see.

I'm not quite sure why use the cache ID as the NPC's ID, and that may change in the future, but you can get the ID you're expecting by calling NPC#getRealID (or find an NPC using one of our filter methods, checking for the real id).

This is why we prefer people find things in game by their name or another distinctive feature. Again I don't think anyone cares about the "cache ID" so we may replace our getID with the real id, and abstract away the cache information from you guys.

Archived