Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Banned in two days

funnymoney420

As the title says, my main and farm accounts go banned simultaneously this morning with no ability to appeal.

I was using a free splashing bot to level mage on my main (an account I used to bot on in 2013-2015 heavily with no issues). My friend started playing again and recommended Dreambot so I started on Friday and couldn't log in this morning. I was taking breaks and talking in game, to avoid looking sketchy, but still caught a ban.

It's frustrating that Jagex will mercilessly come down on small timers like myself but let the text spammers and very blatant farming bots run around unchecked. Anyway be careful out there,  I'm done with RS for good this time since that was my only main (with many great memories). 

Just an FYI, I lost a fair few accounts on the same day, at the same time, each of the accounts hadn't logged in for at least 24 hours from the time the ban was placed. I appealed all of them and everyone of them were overturned. Sometimes they ban the account if they suspect it has been botting, if you don't appeal, they assume they were right, if you appeal there is a chance to get it overturned.

Visit here: https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000867958-Appeal-a-ban

Click "Banned", then next page click "Yes", then the next page click "Yes" and then lastly click "No".

You'll be shown a button to "Appeal My Ban", click on that and then login to the account.

Enter the e-mail address that is registered on the account, select the reason the account was banned for and then select "I think you made a mistake" and submit the form.

Usually within 24-48 hours you'll get an e-mail either saying the account had suspicious activity at the time of the ban and it has been overturned or you get an e-mail saying the ban is correct and will still stand.

It takes a few minutes and with the multitude of new accounts being made, the accounts being banned incorrectly, there is a better chance now to have it overturned.

Hey PeachTea, I appreciate your advice. I went ahead and did that, I'm still waiting on their response. I wonder, if I had clicked the "I know what I did and want to say sorry" option, would they give me a second chance?

3 hours ago, funnymoney420 said:

Hey PeachTea, I appreciate your advice. I went ahead and did that, I'm still waiting on their response. I wonder, if I had clicked the "I know what I did and want to say sorry" option, would they give me a second chance?

I did that on my main a while back when I got banned, they unbanned it ~8 months later randomly and emailed me.  Just to share my experience using that option.

Archived