Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • I Just got banned after logging in to the dreambot client without ever using a bot

wild24

On 12/2/2021 at 11:07 PM, lootistonly said:

How do you appeal 2-day bans? I've received a few of them and every time it says it's not appealable on the runescape website

go to support.

• 7 months later...

Interestingly I had the same experience just now.
    I am getting back into botting after a ~4 year break and here is what just happened:

- Created an osrs account via my mobile phone (nice roaming IP which changes every time I disconnect and reconnect my IP)

- Using a pretty ghetto setup to get started with minimal investment, consisting of:
       - Everyone's favorite free "IEuser" Windows 10 image
       - Free VPN with kill switch installed on the VM

- I proceed to hand-do Tutorial island. I even set myself up as an ironman in the slight hope that this would make my account less suspicious when I actually began to run bots.

- I get my Ironman armour (manually) then allow my account to AFK while i'm off developing script #1 (just a noddy "run to nearest bank" script)

- I come back approx. 20 minutes later to enjoy my "serious rule breaking" login page

Can anyone with more experience share their thoughts? I personally suspect its the IP swapping from a UK mobile IP to a UK datacentre IP, which is almost certainly flagged, but could the VM be a culprit? I am unsure exactly what telemetery Jagex sends back.

• 8 months later...

It's weird I logged in the morning on mobile for a tree run and I wasn't banned but I when home for lunch and I accidentally logged in on dreambot script I didn't even log in automatically banned the account, I think it's wierd because I logged in on mobile right before and it was all good. I figured the ways I get banned it's botting onnsunday after 3 pm and logging in on Monday. Do they only run bot detection Sundays and Monday??

• 6 months later...

They have found a way to detect dreambot.  I had an account that had never been botted on get a 2-day ban for 3rd party services and all I did was use the dreambot to log in because my other account was Botting and you can’t use runelite due to the launcher.  They aren’t detecting the botting or winger perm banned.  They are just detecting that your using someone outside of runelite and jagex launcher to log in