Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • I Just got banned after logging in to the dreambot client without ever using a bot

wild24

odd. 2 day ban for "3rd party software". All I did was purchase 3 scripts this morning and opened the client to see what the interface looked like.

Right after i logged back in on the osrs client to do the bar crawl miniquest and after 10 minutes i get logged out and then it says my account has been disabled.

I literally just started playing again after years a few days ago and have been actually playing (quests mainly)

The only 3rd party software they could have detected was the dreambot client. But this is so odd as i was only logged in the client for 3 minutes max.

Has anyone else experienced a similar scenario?

are these scripts safe? Does Jagex look at these forums and sees who purchases the scripts?

Doesn't make sense to me but thank god its only 2 days.

Very weird. Have you used any kind of script or ahk on the account before hand? Have you ever botted before on other accounts on the same IP?

31 minutes ago, Obsidiack said:

Very weird. Have you used any kind of script or ahk on the account before hand? Have you ever botted before on other accounts on the same IP?

no scripts were used for this account & no bots before. The only reason I considered it now is because its tough to play/grind during the work week, but also don't need a perma ban on my account

That seems really strange 😮 I can assure you they can't link your in game accounts to any DreamBot account to check for purchases or anything like that.

You might be able to appeal the ban and see what they say, especially if you didn't bot at all.

1 hour ago, Pandemic said:

That seems really strange 😮 I can assure you they can't link your in game accounts to any DreamBot account to check for purchases or anything like that.

You might be able to appeal the ban and see what they say, especially if you didn't bot at all.

24 minutes ago, purepanic said:

Ive seen other people reporting the same thing!
    Please let me know the appeal results.

I will post the appeal update in here once they get back to me. Good news is its only 2 day ban and not perm.

• 1 month later...

This happened to me when I was hand making accounts, I appealed it and got my account unbanned then I botted on it instantly almost 24/7 for 5-6 weeks before it got banned, I felt lucky because I feel like the appeal made it seem like I was legit.

• 7 months later...
    On 4/19/2021 at 1:08 PM, Meteorite said:

This happened to me when I was hand making accounts, I appealed it and got my account unbanned then I botted on it instantly almost 24/7 for 5-6 weeks before it got banned, I felt lucky because I feel like the appeal made it seem like I was legit.

How do you appeal 2-day bans? I've received a few of them and every time it says it's not appealable on the runescape website