Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Tips for creating a new account to bot?

TasteVeng

Just started on this and the first account i've created using a http proxy from the US, logged in on another US IP using a socks5 proxy on the Dream client to start my account, completed tutorial island and my account was then locked in less than 5 minutes due to "suspicious activity, thinking my account was stolen". I'd assume it's just because of the difference in IP from account creation to the one i'm using on Dream.

How can I do it if I m getting different IPs for the Http and the socks5?

Would buying lvl 3 accounts be worth it in this case or would they be instantly banned as well for the same reason?

imo buying rested premade accounts is worth it just to remove the mental effort of dealing with an account creator.

2 hours ago, yeeter01 said:

imo buying rested premade accounts is worth it just to remove the mental effort of dealing with an account creator.

won't i have this same situation because i will be playing a different IP than the account creation?

I'm new to this as well. I'm not familiar with rested accounts. But, I'll tell you the method that I used. I used the same SOCKS5 proxy for account creation and DreamBot. You can start Chrome with a SOCKS5 proxy. But, they don't support authentication using a username and password. So, you need to use IP authentication. Once your proxy is setup, Chrome is easy enough to configure from the command line and there's documents on doing it here.

You'll need to change back to username and password authentication afterwards to use DreamBot. As I don't believe that you can use IP authentication. At least, it didn't work for me.

https://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/network-stack/socks-proxy

I created a separate user data directory for that account as well. That way I could keep everything saved and separate from the instance of Chrome that I use everyday and the instances of Chrome that I use for other accounts. I'm not certain if that matters. But, I thought it was prudent. In case they use a cookie to track the accounts that were created from that browser or something of that nature.

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/docs/user_data_dir.md#Windows

1 hour ago, TasteVeng said:

won't i have this same situation because i will be playing a different IP than the account creation?

as long as they are rested no

18 hours ago, TasteVeng said:

what do you mean with rested? restored? created and left there after some time ?

Accounts left for some time before use, usually 2 days or a week+. The account wont get locked because you could have travelled between the location of the ip where you registered and the one where you are playing.

Archived