Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [COMPETITION] Cloakd Coding Gauntlet 1 [200M Prize Pool] [Ends: 01/02/2021]

TheCloakdOne

Ok, I'll get the ball rolling.

Due to miscalculation and me being a troll, I've arrived at lumbridge a bit early and taken multiple screenshots with varying numbers of bones on this account. If someone beats the score, I'll post the next screenshot up (or the highest one if they've beaten all my screenshots). 

22.png

Idk how to capture ironman status with Hans time so here is another useless screenshot which proves nothing but you can admire the name I guess. If you tell me how to do this I'll it on any further accounts I try.

99.png

10 minutes ago, bebeli555 said:

Age and bones on F2P:

Age.thumb.png.1fa2c684af11b5606498aa3a17e11bfa.png

Iron man status:

IronMan.thumb.png.b459f5c53b20eb82258a461745af7af4.png

Nice! This is all I have on this account:

Capture.png

I may or may not have an 8h run with a more recent account I'll post later.

Edit: yes I could have been more strategic by posting a lower score but what's the fun in that :)

• 2 weeks later...
    2 hours ago, TheCloakdOne said:

Competiton Closed - Congrats @Aeglen on winning! 

Holy crap I guess this puts me out of OSRS poverty. I kinda wish more people had submitted, making the bot was rather fun. I'll post a write-up and code this afternoon, tysm for hosting.

Ok, it feels right that I write a bit about my methods.

Code:

Has been sent over Discord, do as you wish with it.

Strategy:

So we are limited to an ironman account. Killing things seems too slow and I don't know of any quick bone-obtaining tricks. So time to look at grounditems:

Capture.png

The most interesting bone locations appear to be the boneyard (big bones) and ogres near castle wars. I went to look at the boneyard, but it was a bit far from the closest bank and guarded by skeletons. Fortunately, there was another area of bones not listed on the wiki between ferox enclave and lava maze which seems to have be the most efficient in terms of how many bone spawns are near a bank.

Consolidating this spot's utility, the enclave also has a pool that restores run energy so we never have to walk after getting there. OK, so now we're in this place surrounded by bones:

Capture.png

How to pick them up as efficiently as possible? Well, world-hopping is fairly cheap compared with moving in terms of time, so we want to minimize A) movement and B) world hopping in this order. My solution was to find a travelling salesman path between the bones, picking up 9 each time such that we can fill the inventory in 3 hops and pick up the bone directly beneath our feet on the 4th (which will respawn by the time banking is done). Actually this means the 4th hop is slightly inefficient and not needed and it might be faster to bank with 27 bones rather than hopping, oops. O well. 

Capture.png

Another optimization is hopping between 3 adjacent (low-ping, but hans doesn't count world transfer time anyway) worlds. If we are interrupted by missing bones or PVPers, the bot will hop to an alternate 3 worlds. This minimizes connection time and world hopper scrolling. Of course it's also sensible to expand the OSRS window, turn mouse speed up, zoom out a bit etc.

Finally, after 8h31 ingame or 7h57 according to hans (hop-time is excluded from hans), we have this many bones (worth 500K or so, shame there's not more of a market for them):

Capture.png

So yeah that was fun, tyvm for hosting and 200m. It was a bit of a shame there were not more entries (it was me and at least 2 others, one of whom did not post to this thread). If you were to do this again, I would make the following suggestions:

• Scale reward with number of contestants, up to a maximum
    • Results hidden until the end to stop discouragement
    • Stronger conformation of score than screenshot, maybe discord screenshare for winners

Archived