Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • GUI Threading problems

shiftyayef

Hi,

When trying to create a GUI for my script and initialise it in the "onStart" method, I am getting a persistent error:

The first one it throws is:

[ERROR] Swing threading error:: java.lang.Exception: State tracking must be done on Event Dispatch Thread. Try wrapping your method in SwingUtilities#invokeLater

Followed by:

13:35:03: [ERROR] java.awt.IllegalComponentStateException: contentPane cannot be set to null.

This is what I have wrapped in invokeLater, but it still throws the exception (GUI extends JFrame).

SwingUtilities.invokeLater(new Runnable() {
        @Override
        public void run() {
            GUI gui = new GUI("Shifty NMZ");
        }
    });

My GUI is built using intellij's GUI designer forms - if I try and make a basic JFrame with only Swing, it doesn't throw an exception, so I'm a bit lost.

Does anyone know what the cause/solution could be?

Thank you

UPDATE:

My problem turned out to be related to the gradle configuration I was using to build my scripts. After creating a new project using Maven, creating an instance of the GUI inside SwingUtilities.invokeLater() worked fine. Leaving the rest of the post up in case anyone has similar issues in future.

Archived