Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Walk Method is inconsistent, and frequently returns false.

ReturnToMonke

Before recently my walk method was working just fine, and could go long distances, but now it just returns false sometimes. I've tried everything i can to debug like adding log statements and changing the method, but nothing seems to work. Here's my method. (To be clear getWalking().walk() is returning false)

public void walkTo(Area area) {

if (getWalking().shouldWalk()) {
    			if (getWalking().walk(area.getRandomTile())) {
    				log("walking");
    			}

}
    	}

7 hours ago, ReturnToMonke said:

Before recently my walk method was working just fine, and could go long distances, but now it just returns false sometimes. I've tried everything i can to debug like adding log statements and changing the method, but nothing seems to work. Here's my method

public void walkTo(Area area) {

if (getWalking().shouldWalk()) {
    			if (getWalking().walk(area.getRandomTile())) {
    				log("walking");
    			}

}
    	}

what area are you entering into the method when it can go false?

2 hours ago, Neffarion said:

what area are you entering into the method when it can go false?

I had a log statement at the beginning of the method, and that would print every time, so it's only "getWalking().walk()" that's returning false, as the log statement here doesnt print. I just have it walk from the grand exchange to varrock mines, or to cows. 

Archived