Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Meet Roboletics, my botting locked normal account

Aeglen

Welp, there goes the other account too. This means I could be doing better with antiban, and the release of this bot will be delayed. 

Remember when I said this?

On 12/4/2020 at 1:25 AM, Aeglen said:

I'm pretty sure my IP is flagged but on the other hand its antiban and stuff is pretty rigorous.

A few things to note:

In case you don't already know, having a "flagged" IP means Jagex is watching your activity on there closely and your bots are more likely to get banned much faster. This happens when there is previous heavy bans on your IP, which I suspect is the case for me since I've had dozens of bots banned and at one point they begun getting banned faster. More details can be found by searching around on Google/Forums.

With regard to the antiban, I was hoping that A) doing lots of different activities and .B) being different from other bots on a per-account basis would be sufficient. I get the impression that there's a large amount of "does this individual account do things like a bot" which can't be compensated for by the other factors. It's a shame to be able to do anything but get banned because I haven't put the time in for this "traditional" style of antiban, so that's what I'm going to do next. Anything remotely botlike will be considered and attempted to humanize. Maybe even cursor movement and stuff.

That said, when I first finished this script (before my IP got flagged) with minimal anti-ban I got an account to base 60 in most skills. I am considering not being banned on a flagged IP the "gold standard" of antiban since you'd be surviving even with Jagex being extra sus of you. 

After I am done putting a comparable amount of time into this new high-effort antiban, Botletics shall return for Season 2! One account on this flagged IP and another on a fresh IP for comparison.

I won't be updating this during coding, but here is a preliminary list of considerable antiban factors. Some have already been considered and could be revisited. Things in brackets will probably be ignored. 

Capture.png

Banking patterns

Dropping patterns

I've spent all of 5 minutes thinking this up so if you guys have suggestions they could be helpful.

Dude. Make an Ironman; while you test.. they are more forgiving as you aren't contributing to the economy.

blur your username.

I too am doing something similar; but a 1 Def Pure Ironman

50/60/1 so far.  Fishing and cooking 50-60 so i have food. 

Mining & Smithing soon.

Now instead of combining into a "backbone" library from the start. I just rewrite it each time... using the older scripts as skeleton.

each time you rewrite something you will make it far more concise - but also intricate. which if you don't rewrite you will miss this ability/step as you just reusing the functions previously written. && they may indeed be where your getting banned.

also remember bans are delayed so you cant work out where you went wrong. 

5 hours ago, AFool said:

Dude. Make an Ironman; while you test.. they are more forgiving as you aren't contributing to the economy.

blur your username.

I too am doing something similar; but a 1 Def Pure Ironman

50/60/1 so far.  Fishing and cooking 50-60 so i have food. 

Mining & Smithing soon.

Now instead of combining into a "backbone" library from the start. I just rewrite it each time... using the older scripts as skeleton.

each time you rewrite something you will make it far more concise - but also intricate. which if you don't rewrite you will miss this ability/step as you just reusing the functions previously written. && they may indeed be where your getting banned.

also remember bans are delayed so you cant work out where you went wrong. 

Really cool that you're doing something similar :) Ironman sounds like a good idea perhaps but I'd have to remove GE functionality (can always drop-trade for output). I managed to reach similar stats on my first account, most somewhere in the 60s but that was before my IP was flagged around the middle of 2020 (took a long break due to work).

As for how I've been coding this, it started with a bunch of classes defining Skills, Activities, Tools, Requirements, Locations etc. There is a general framework I use which has "init steps" and "walk steps" to transition between things, as well as funcitonality for arbitrary banking and GE usage, including lists of priority lists of things to buy/withdraw. I coded the skills + quests one at a time but have gone back to revisit walking methods etc since then. Maybe some of them could be done more concisely as you say if I turned more things into functions, but it's fine as-is for now and Jagex can't see how I populate the bank_withdraw or exchange_buy lists beyond their ordering.

This seems to work OK because there aren't any special cases for anything, except some of the ranged gear which has ranged+def requirements and of course those darned chickens leaving the bot in combat for slightly longer than InCombat() dictates.

7 minutes ago, bebeli555 said:

@Aeglen Jagex only bans when their working so from friday to monday morning u cannot get banned whatever you do. I usually run my bot farm from 1PM to 8AM and then mule. and from friday to monday on weekends. So it could be that ur accounts got flagged way earlier but it was a weekend so they couldn't ban it yet.

Bans happen at any time for most accounts, it's only for big main accounts that they humanly double-check it as you say. Or something like that anyway, but it's certainly possible to get banned without since they don't have the manpower to check everything themselves.

I feel like it really depends, Where I live I run bots from 9 am (UTC-4) to 7 am the next day, mule and then check at 9 am to see if they are banned.

Sometimes they are banned during the time ban waves hit, other times they just aren't.

I feel like there are just a lot of factors that contribute to if a bot survives the night.

9 hours ago, purepanic said:

I feel like it really depends, Where I live I run bots from 9 am (UTC-4) to 7 am the next day, mule and then check at 9 am to see if they are banned.

Sometimes they are banned during the time ban waves hit, other times they just aren't.

I feel like there are just a lot of factors that contribute to if a bot survives the night.

agreed

Quick update on Roboletics:

This week I've been training the "other" account seen before up to 70/70/70 magic/ranged/def, it's nearly there. Furthermore I've made a mining "suicide" account except it seems to be surviving a bit longer than expected, still going at 60 mining (not 24/7 just 12h/day). 

This is super interesting because it suggests that switching around so much may have been leading to bans as opposed to focusing on 1 or a few tasks at a time. Currently under investigation with more accounts, algorithm to be updated appropriately.

Since the aim of this script is to bot most things in F2P and do it all automatically, there are quite a lot of things to consider. Here are the ones which outstand before release / Roboletics Season 2:

Spoiler

1.png

Spoiler

2.png

edit: examining is actually not a thing because can't be bothered yet and idk if most players even do it, it's absence is "ok"

GUI is nearly complete too except some ugly checkboxes refusing to right-align:

Spoiler

3.png

Archived