Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Meet Roboletics, my botting locked normal account

Aeglen

Hi there,

I am developing a script which can do pretty much anything in F2P automatically (Master AIO F2P) and it's nearly ready. As such:

Meet Roboletics, my botting locked normal account!

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.e78b417d308b953b1f1519b1bbcb3de3.PNG

Botletics will see how far he can progress running Master AIO F2P 24/7 under default script settings. I'm pretty sure my IP is flagged but on the other hand its antiban and stuff is pretty rigorous.

It is too late to start botting tonight, but he'll be put to work tomorrow morning and this thread will be updated every evening thereafter.

Edit: Oh, what if someone from Reddit or something sees this thread and gets it banned? No worries! I'm also going to be running a 2nd account with a secret username.

Day 1

Seeing as I can only run 2 bots at once and the script is still in development, for the time being I am debugging with the un-named account and then restarting both scripts when applicable.

Spoiler

Roboletics appears to be starting with one of the trickier quests.
    spacer.png

Spoiler

Some time later...

spacer.png

Spoiler

Oh no! A new bug has emerged - getting stuck in a poll booth when banking. By the time this was taken I'd remembered to enable per-account randomness (testing happens on the fastest settings where most issues would occur) and I got rid of the cyan debug text.

spacer.png

spacer.png

phew

Spoiler

A long time later...

spacer.png

Spoiler

Meanwhile, on the unnamed account used for debugging:

spacer.png

Surprisingly the quests completed on each account are pretty similar:

Roboletics - Cook's Assistant, Ernest the Chicken, Misthalin Mystery, Pirate's Treasure, The Restless Ghost, Rune Mysteries, Sheep Shearer

Unnamed - Cook's Assistant, Ernest the Chicken, Misthalin Mystery, Doric's Quest, The Restless Ghost, Rune Mysteries, Sheep Shearer

If I'm going to cap the QP at 11 for now to stop all accounts using this bot end up with the same 18QP, I should probably make them less eager to do quests in the first day.

The bots are asleep for now, dreaming about all the adventures they might have tomorrow. Hopefully Roboletics won't get banned for being stuck in a poll booth. The auto-sleep feature has yet to be turned on, it's been a while since I touched it and don't remember whether it applies to the day the bots are started on,

Day 2 - Prelude

Both accounts are still alive. The first day is probably the riskiest. Since I've now fixed all known bugs, it's time to aim for those 24/7 massive runtime screenshots.

There still remains the matter of making a Swing GUI but I can test this without restarting Roboletics.

As for automated sleeping, the bot runs for 8-14ish hours from when it is first started, then logs out until around its "wake-up time" whenever that next is. Obviously, these times have per-account means and variances.

Day 2

Roboletics ran untouched today, with work continuing on the debug/unnamed account.

Spoiler

Roboletics takes a break whilst the unnamed account finds the best mining spot (taking into account player positions and stuff):

spacer.png

Spoiler

Roboletics prefers this sort of red and black cape. Bots may pick a favourite cape upon reaching a reasonable level, but a few just won't. Both are on the way to the GE to re-supply

spacer.png

Spoiler

Final results of the day:

spacer.png

The bots each have their own sets of skill and skill-activity preferences btw. Roboletics is really going for it with the woodcutting, and also spent a while mining 450 clay for profit. Trade restrictions came off in the last half hour of today, opening up more chances to train other skills. I removed the 11QP limit for demonstration purposes.

Spoiler

The unnamed account spent a bit much of its pre-restrictions-free money on runes, but managed to train magic. I've toned down such excessive rune-buying.

spacer.png

Notice that Roboletics' cursor is red whereas this one is orange. The colours represent their mouse speeds, with red being in the top quartile and orange between the next level down.

Spoiler

I fixed a bug where the bot is somewhat indecisive about which skilling area to go to if they're close together, changing its mind too many times before finally homing in on one. The tendency to do so is controlled by an account-specific "efficiency" stat:

Capture.png

So yeah, decent progress. The trade restriction removal will be helpful, although in practice you could just trade the bot some gp to get started with. I've also made some minor tweaks, such as the requirements for melee tiers II and III and checking not to equip sub-optimal gear.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll start using the built-in sleep system.

Dude, this is super amazing!
    I love all of its different features and an super interested to hear about this more!

Super cool man.

Good luck, ill be here every day!!!!

:)

Day 3

Both accounts once again survived the night. However, Roboletics got banned a short time into today's session. RIP. The unnamed account lives on, serves me right for spewing the name Roboletics everywhere. This gives me a nice chance to talk about antiban and stuff - but first let's see how the unnamed account (which I will now refer to as Roboletics, they were twins after all) performed.

Spoiler

Starting the day by crafting some emerald necklaces. These are pretty profitable.

1.png

Spoiler

Training magic at frogs:

2.png

Spoiler

Rare footage of the 2 consecutive mining tasks, switching from tin to iron without banking in-between:

3.png

Spoiler

Ranging chickens from over the wall. Chickens are annoying because they sometimes give "I'm already under attack" when attacking a new one too soon after combat - nothing else does this. It has been set up such that seeing this message in the chat will cause Roboletics to try and attack again, but a cleaner solution involving gradually increasing the wait time will be implemented tomorrow on top of this.

4.png

Spoiler

End of day - over 100 levels gained (actually started at 18 crafting). Note that there is a 1/8 default chance of going for Tier I when Tier II is available, but I suspect Roboletics' personal preferences increases this.

5.png

Spoiler

What's this!? A stray chicken spawn close enough to their location to make the bot attack yet far enough such that it won't detect any of the other chickens. If I leave this be it'll be killing this singular chicken over and over again for the duration of the task! I was gonna leave it going to auto-sleep overnight but this demands fixing.

6.png

Spoiler

A note on antiban

In my opinion, there are 4 ways in which bots get banned:

1) Being clustered into patterns with similar bots

2) Inhuman mouse movements and reactions etc

3) Inhuman playstyle

4) User reports etc

Whilst it is probable that Roboletics got banned for (4), it's impossible to tell as far as I am aware. Here's how my antiban works with respect to the above 4 factors:

1) I think I do an excellent job at this. Most behaviours are unique per-account, and remain the same per username between sessions. They also evolve slowly (and uniquely) over time as the accounts level up. Even stuff like quest routes and GE usage takes this into account. There are still a few potential improvements like giving the bots preferred skilling locations (indeed they already have preferred skills and activities within them), but this is mostly OK. It is also currently inapplicable since just a single account is being ran.

2) I think most bans come from (1) rather than (2), and it is also possible to form patterns of repetitively and predictably checking skills or whatever here if one is careless. Script quirks and derpyness also helps out here, so I haven't put much effort into it. That said, each account has various unique mouse parameters and clicks with its own distribution (similar to human, NOT Guassian). Furthermore, there is a small and again per-account-varied chance to go afk for a bit after doing something, but this could use more work.

3) This is an interesting one which is not usually taken into consideration. Going straight for dat clay or whatever with inhuman game knowledge will probably lead to bans. Certainly looting low level monsters is another (largely unprofitable) thing which mostly bots do and I've seen hasten bans. To this end, there is a task called "exploring noobishly" which has a higher chance of being activated at lower levels. Lower level tasks are also generally done in lower level areas for shorter amounts of time, and the bot has breaks/sleep/whatnot I've described previously. They are also more likely to be combat or quests.

4) This is based on looks, chat responses and whether or not you show a whole bunch of people your bot's name, some of whom might get their clan to report it. Looks I think is covered by the variety of armour and capes the bots wear; chat responses has not been touched. It's not out of the question, but when badly done it can look like this:

dpet3owzaobz.jpg

It would be premature to conclude that Roboletics (original) got banned because non-botting for other forum users reported it, alternate hypotheses include the large amount of clay mined yesterday and looting items from barbarians (which is rare). Since most people would want to use the bot for lvl and not profit and looting is useless, clay has been made massively more unlikely and looting turned off entirely unless humanly overridden.

Spoiler

Oh, one more thing. This is the still-alive account being used to test the bot before this series started: 

Capture.png

So that's it for today. Can (the new) Roboletics survive the Monday ban wave? Find out tomorrow.

Archived