Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Tut Island Exp option selector

JAG98

Right on startup after chatting with the RS guide, we soon get the option of choosing experience. Options are something like, brand new, experienced and played before. Does this widget interaction count as inDialogue or out of it?

Can't get script to pick any option and the onLoop method seems to just stop here. Nothing in the logs which otherwise keeps on getting updated.

Spoiler

//speaking to starting guide
    if (Widgets.getWidget(219) != null && Widgets.getWidget(219).isVisible()) {
        log("Selecting experience");
        if (Widgets.getWidget(219).getChild(1) != null && Widgets.getWidget(219).getChild(1).isVisible()) {
            Dialogues.clickOption("I am brand new! This is my first time here.");
        }
    }

use `Dialogues.getOptions()` to see the options available then use `Dialogues.chooseFirstOption()` or `Dialogures.chooseOption({Option String})` to select it rather than relying on the underlying widgets.

2 hours ago, TheCloakdOne said:

use `Dialogues.getOptions()` to see the options available then use `Dialogues.chooseFirstOption()` or `Dialogures.chooseOption({Option String})` to select it rather than relying on the underlying widgets.

Edited to structure it like this, still no effect

Spoiler

if(!Dialogues.canContinue()){
        //speaking to starting guide
        if(Dialogues.getOptions() !=null){
            if(Dialogues.chooseOption("I am brand new! This is my first time here.")){
                sleep(600);
            }
        }

Print out the results of Dialogues.getOptions() to see the strings being returned. its better to reference the option directly rather than relying on custom typed options to ensure an exact match of the option

1 hour ago, TheCloakdOne said:

Print out the results of Dialogues.getOptions() to see the strings being returned. its better to reference the option directly rather than relying on custom typed options to ensure an exact match of the option

Thanks for all the help! Turns out the problem was the script never reaching this loop because of another declared variable causing a jump!

Archived