Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How long till I'm a decent scripter?

Villain11

Hi guys. I'm new to this website and new to scripting. I've used bots in the past but never tried to make my own script and thought I should give it a shot. How long do you guys think it will take for someone whose an intermediate programmer to start writing decent scripts that will have a low ban rate. I'm looking for a realistic response. If the answer is 2 years so be it lol.

Some of my experience so far within 24 hours:

I spent 13 hours deciding which bot to use, how to set up my IntelliJ (tried eclipse first but wasn't working), setting up a proxy (this didn't work so I'm temporarily using a VPN till I fix the proxy stuff. I don't play my normal RS accounts when I use the VPN), and trying to copy a youtube scripting tutorial. One thing I realized was I was 1) following an outdated guide and 2) I was trying to piece too many things together at once. I took a step back and started with just a basic walking script. I finally got walking from point A to B to work. This is where I'm at but now I'm going to try to walk up stairs to a bank and back or something lol.

Any advice for a newbie like me? Thanks

TLDR - How long will it take to become a decent scripter. Any advice for a newb?

Writing scripts is relatively simple for anyone with experience programming. Using our API makes doing just about anything trivial, so you shouldn't have any trouble doing anything you'd like :)

Honestly, if you have programming experience it shouldn't be hard. The thing you'll struggle with most is deciding exactly how you want the script to run and how you'll implement whatever antiban you are trying to use. Scripting itself is pretty straight forward.

Good luck, if you have any questions either add me on discord or just ask around in the chat box, most people in there will be super helpful.

I saw this quote somewhere, "chess can't be taught, it must be learnt". Same here, although the quote doesn't literally mean it can't be taught, but practice is what's gonna get you to being a master in scripting/programming. A generic tip, but literally if you don't write scripts, how do you expect to improve?

Archived