Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • View on gender reassignment?

If you look like a man nobody will question that you're a man. If you look like a woman nobody will question that you're a woman. If you have a beard and you're wearing a dress, people will question what you are. And if you don't know what bathroom to use, then just go into a stall in the men's bathroom.

Such a great post, thank you for adding to the conversation, im sure you didnt just post that for post count or anything!

my dude what? post count what?

it was in response to @@Diddy and the image they responded to me with. 

Unfortunately, statistics have shown that the suicide rate in trans people who have undergone surgery is actually higher than those who haven't. Many hospitals are beginning the process of removing the "treatment" from their options.

Personally, I view it as a mental illness and should be treated as such. While there may be no "cure", we can always help people feel better about being who they are.

and to everyone calling it a mental illness

.“…Psychiatrists have, for hundreds of years, used so-called diagnostic terms to stigmatize and control people. I will only give you a few dramatic examples. When black slaves in the South ran away to freedom, it wasn’t that they wanted to be free–they suffered from a disease called drapetomania, from drapetes, a run away slave, and mania. I’m not making this up. This was a legitimate diagnosis, just like ADD is. Women, half the population of mankind, of course, if they were foolish enough to rebel against domination by men, well, then they had a serious disease called hysteria, which was due to their wandering womb. Now, none of those behaviors was ever a disease and, of course, is not a disease… No behavior or misbehavior is a disease or can be a disease. That’s not what diseases are… When I went to medical school sixty years ago, there were only a handful of mental ‘diseases’, now there are more than 300, and new ones are discovered every day. Labeling a [person] as ‘mentally ill’ is stigmatization, not diagnosis…â€

- Dr. Thomas Szasz

.“…Psychiatrists have, for hundreds of years, used so-called diagnostic terms to stigmatize and control people. I will only give you a few dramatic examples. When black slaves in the South ran away to freedom, it wasn’t that they wanted to be free–they suffered from a disease called drapetomania, from drapetes, a run away slave, and mania. I’m not making this up. This was a legitimate diagnosis, just like ADD is. Women, half the population of mankind, of course, if they were foolish enough to rebel against domination by men, well, then they had a serious disease called hysteria, which was due to their wandering womb. Now, none of those behaviors was ever a disease and, of course, is not a disease… No behavior or misbehavior is a disease or can be a disease. That’s not what diseases are… When I went to medical school sixty years ago, there were only a handful of mental ‘diseases’, now there are more than 300, and new ones are discovered every day. Labeling a [person] as ‘mentally ill’ is stigmatization, not diagnosis…â€

- Dr. Thomas Szasz

That doctor quote is really interesting. It just shows how people break others down so easily just to defend their own brainwashed idealism.

- Dr. Thomas Szasz

That doctor quote is really interesting. It just shows how people break others down so easily just to defend their own brainwashed idealism.

Did either of you even watch the full video?.. He claims mental "disease" isn't real because they don't qualify as "physical" diseases. "Diseases are malfunctions of the human body". So... in that case, schizophrenia isn't a real disease because its an imbalance of chemicals, similar to any other mental disorder. That guy also has co-operated with the church of scientology.

If you have actual views that you came to yourself, I'm interested in hearing them. Not interested in hearing regurgitated rhetoric from tumblr tho.

Did either of you even watch the full video?.. He claims mental "disease" isn't real because they don't qualify as "physical" diseases. "Diseases are malfunctions of the human body". So... in that case, schizophrenia isn't a real disease because its an imbalance of chemicals, similar to any other mental disorder. That guy also has co-operated with the church of scientology.

If you have actual views that you came to yourself, I'm interested in hearing them. Not interested in hearing regurgitated rhetoric from tumblr tho.

You do know it is possible to agree with something an individual without having to agree with everything said individual believes, right? 

The point of the quote was that to simply label people as "mentally ill" is dangerous. And how that label has be misused time and time again.  It opens the door to future abuses. The same way that I would be considered mentally ill for being bisexual and be forced to go through "therapy" to try and "cure" me. 

These are my actual views and if you want to just dismiss this as well then I guess I'm done here. 

You do know it is possible to agree with something an individual without having to agree with everything said individual believes, right? 

The point of the quote was that to simply label people as "mentally ill" is dangerous. And how that label has be misused time and time again.  It opens the door to future abuses. The same way that I would be considered mentally ill for being bisexual and be forced to go through "therapy" to try and "cure" me. 

These are my actual views and if you want to just dismiss this as well then I guess I'm done here.

Sure, you can agree with something someone says without agreeing with everything they say.. but what he said in this context is directly related to what we are discussing. He says that these aren't "mental diseases" because they literally don't have physical symptoms. That's it. That's his argument. If you link to something as an explanation, cherry-picking 1 sentence from an entire video makes no sense. You could've just said that yourself. Further, the things that he stated as being abuses of human rights are blatantly obvious in their motivations. Transgenderism (?) doesn't fall anywhere close to the examples he listed.

Anyways, how many transgender people do you know? How many have you met? Sure, they can be great people, or they can be horrible. They're human. But imagine for just a moment that you're them. You have an excruciating need to be what you are not. That isn't physically possible, so what's the solution? To perform tons of plastic surgeries so they'll hopefully feel okay with their body? What if they now have a problem with the fact that they've modified themselves? Now they can't be what they used to be, with a normal body.

Perhaps you misunderstand my viewpoint, I don't hate/dislike/whatever else transgender people. However, I don't support the idea that the solution is to butcher one's body into something plastic to satiate some psychological trauma. If I have OCD, and I am obsessed with the number 3, is the solution to ensure that all things in my life come as three, or is the solution to work with a therapist to stop being obsessed with 3?

This isn't a "be nice or be mean" issue. Nothing in psychology is.

Sure, you can agree with something someone says without agreeing with everything they say.. but what he said in this context is directly related to what we are discussing. He says that these aren't "mental diseases" because they literally don't have physical symptoms. That's it. That's his argument. If you link to something as an explanation, cherry-picking 1 sentence from an entire video makes no sense. You could've just said that yourself. Further, the things that he stated as being abuses of human rights are blatantly obvious in their motivations. Transgenderism (?) doesn't fall anywhere close to the examples he listed.

Anyways, how many transgender people do you know? How many have you met? Sure, they can be great people, or they can be horrible. They're human. But imagine for just a moment that you're them. You have an excruciating need to be what you are not. That isn't physically possible, so what's the solution? To perform tons of plastic surgeries so they'll hopefully feel okay with their body? What if they now have a problem with the fact that they've modified themselves? Now they can't be what they used to be, with a normal body.

Perhaps you misunderstand my viewpoint, I don't hate/dislike/whatever else transgender people. However, I don't support the idea that the solution is to butcher one's body into something plastic to satiate some psychological trauma. If I have OCD, and I am obsessed with the number 3, is the solution to ensure that all things in my life come as three, or is the solution to work with a therapist to stop being obsessed with 3?

This isn't a "be nice or be mean" issue. Nothing in psychology is.

I know quite a few actually. How many do you know? Have you ever heard of HRT? People don't just realize they are trans and jump right onto the surgery table. Why you think that is the only outcome of this is unknown to me.

And no that isn't just his argument. The quote I linked has an argument of its own.

You might not agree with getting plastic surgery done but that doesn't really matter here. I was just using your post (didn't mean to single you out btw) to show that people stigmatize trans people by brushing them off and going "oh they're just mentally ill" when that label has many real life consequences. For example being forced to undergo "therapies" that are set on curing them. 

Archived