Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Question about chain bans

bananajumper1

Hello,

I know that the specifics of Jagex bot detection can be a mystery, but I'm looking at specifically how they chain ban. If they detect a bot on a network, do they flag the other accounts from the same exact IP or do they flag the other accounts that play from the same subnet?

Thanks

Nobody can say EXACTLY what they do, but from the experience many have had over the years we have a pretty good idea. When an account on an IP gets flagged, Jagex looks into the account and either bans it if they believe it's a bot or clear the flag if it was incorrectly flagged. If the account gets banned, they likely look at all activity from that IP for other suspicious activity. Even though the other accounts on the IP may not have been flagged, they are likely still reviewed and possibly issued a ban -- even though they may have never been flagged otherwise.

Speaking from experience, I've had accounts that have run daily for months without a ban, but then had another account running a different bot get banned, and that resulted in a chain ban of my longer-running accounts. I'm sure others can add to their thoughts on this as well, but from my experience if you have scripts that can run for a long time without getting banned, don't run high-risk bots on the same IP if you want to avoid frequent chain bans.

Archived