Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Recent Server Instability

Pandemic

Hello everyone,

For the past week or so, we've had some DB3 server stability issues leading to a couple periods of downtime, and we'd like to apologize for these disturbances. It's a new platform still getting used to the load demands, and as such things like this sometimes happen.

We've extended all active VIP and Sponsor subscriptions by 48 hours for the inconvenience. I believe renewals still happen on the same day as normal, but on subscription end you'll still have the extra time.

I've already made and I'm continuing to make changes to prevent and lessen the odds of issues like this happening again:

Changes Already Made:

• Daily restarts are now enforced again
    • Client re-connection logic is improved, you shouldn't notice any downtime for running clients during short periods of downtime (<4 hours)
    • @Hashtag now has the ability to restart the DB3 server in the event something happens outside of my timezone (like today's incident)

Changes Planned:

• Further server improvements to caching and cold start times
    • Continued client networking improvements [Oct. 2] DreamBot 3.0.9 includes significant networking improvements
    • Upgrading our infrastructure so we can better handle the load (will happen within 4 weeks, will require planned downtime) [Oct. 3] Offloaded  a few services, it should now be fine but will reevaluate if issues reoccur
    • Improved uptime checking service [Oct. 2] The monitoring service is now more thorough, and should avoid previous failure that ignored today's outage

Sorry again for the inconvenience, we know how annoying these incidents are and appreciate you all for your understanding.

The Dream Team

Things like this can happen in my opinion. I'm always happy with work and time you guys put into db3.

"The only people who don't make mistakes are the people who don't do anything"

28 minutes ago, yeeter01 said:

Did you try turning it off and on again?

Yes rebooted pc now its working again

Ty

I know its going to be a bumpy ride with the release of the new client but I love the amount of work im seeing being put into the updates and effort in fixing things that go wrong. A++

1 hour ago, Uplift said:

Is there any monitoring of this service so when I does go down maybe it could automatically be restarted?

There is, however with the recent issues the server never actually went down, it was a more subtle issue that wasn't caught with simple monitoring. This will be more fleshed out in a future uptime service :)

34 minutes ago, Pandemic said:

There is, however with the recent issues the server never actually went down, it was a more subtle issue that wasn't caught with simple monitoring. This will be more fleshed out in a future uptime service :)

Well, it stopped serving requests, that should make it possible to determine if the service is down, shouldn't it?

26 minutes ago, Uplift said:

Well, it stopped serving requests, that should make it possible to determine if the service is down, shouldn't it?

Like I mentioned above, it was a rather subtle issue, related to TLS that was unfortunately not caught due to a variety of factors. The service sends real requests, and got an appropriate response, even though the outside world had a problem completing the handshake.

Archived