Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Help with a 200$ bot I purchased.

Gamer01

I recieved this message today when trying to run my CC bot which was paid in full.

2020-09-23 12:13:59 [INFO] Starting TrueCCDicer now!
    2020-09-23 12:13:59 [ERROR] java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Expecting non-static method org.dreambot.api.Client.getMethodContext()Lorg/dreambot/api/methods/MethodContext;
    2020-09-23 12:13:59 [INFO] Script set to running!
    2020-09-23 12:13:59 [WARN] This script threw an error, contact the script writer.
    2020-09-23 12:13:59 [ERROR] Exception has occurred while running! Please report error to developer if problem persists
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at dev.defiled.main.CC.onLoop(CC.java:39)
        at org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript.run(AbstractScript.java)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2020-09-23 12:13:59 [INFO] Stopped TrueCCDicer!
    2020-09-23 12:14:00 [WARN] TrueCCDicer had a problem starting.
    2020-09-23 12:20:04 [INFO] Connecting to server...

When trying to find my developer @Defiled on discord I had issues so I came here to contact him.

I then found out he was taking a break which was odd as he was also suppose to be working on 50$ Gui add on so I could add customized commands.

I need to know if there is a way to fix the problem above myself as getting ahold of my developer for my lifetime bug problem seems a little hard right now.

@Hashtag maybe you would know more about this then I any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like that script was built for DreamBot 2 instead of the new DreamBot 3, most likely it'll just need to be rebuilt for DB3.

In the mean time you can run the old client by downloading the legacy launcher here:

Why would you guys force people to use db3 which is going to mess up a ton of peoples farms and increase the amount of issues people have and risk the chance of old botters switching to other botting platforms permanently.

3 minutes ago, just4show said:

Why would you guys force people to use db3 which is going to mess up a ton of peoples farms and increase the amount of issues people have?

There's no force, it's just the new default. You're free to continue using DB2 until March 19, 2021 with the link above.

It shouldn't take much longer than ~60 seconds to update a script from DB2 to DB3. That's just to get it running, obviously it'll take more time if you'd like to optimize it further for DB3.

DB3 is a significant improvement over DB2 in just about every way.

7 minutes ago, Pandemic said:

There's no force, it's just the new default. You're free to continue using DB2 until March 19, 2021 with the link above.

It shouldn't take much longer than ~60 seconds to update a script from DB2 to DB3. That's just to get it running, obviously it'll take more time if you'd like to optimize it further for DB3.

DB3 is a significant improvement over DB2 in just about every way.

i edited my message. What % of farmers actually write their own script? if they don't then they have to pay their old writer or hire someone new and bring in another person into their method. Not to mention their are scripters who are going to tell clients they will have to re-write their scripts 100% and overcharge them . Also,  what about people who have their rig configurations set-up specifically for the client they use? Client and the way they are set-up seem to have a massive impact on locks.

2 minutes ago, just4show said:

i edited my message. What % of farmers actually write their own script? if they don't then they have to pay their old writer or hire someone new and bring in another person into their method. Also,  what about people who have their rig configurations set-up specifically for the client they use? Client and the way they are set-up seem to have a massive impact on locks.

You're right, and that's why we're keeping DB2 running and the servers will remain up for 6 months, we thought that'd be ample time to make any adjustments you'd need for the transition.

12 minutes ago, just4show said:

i edited my message. What % of farmers actually write their own script? if they don't then they have to pay their old writer or hire someone new and bring in another person into their method. Not to mention their are scripters who are going to tell clients they will have to re-write their scripts 100% and overcharge them . Also,  what about people who have their rig configurations set-up specifically for the client they use? Client and the way they are set-up seem to have a massive impact on locks.

I also plan on making either a utility or (more likely) a simple service that people can have their DB2 scripts built for DB3. If you'd be interested in that, PM me.

Archived