Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Don't Be An Idiot Like Me...

Dinosaurs

This is more of a PSA now, but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience. I'll try to keep this short.

Yesterday I was manually splashing on an account I created earlier in the day. It had never been botted, and I was planning to get it running its first script today.

Logged on this morning only to see that it was given the permanent ban hammer for macroing. Again, I never even opened the script manager on DB for this guy (so there was 0 macroing/botting), but I think I know what caused it. I've used chrome remote desktop in the past to remote in to my computer from my phone to keep me from logging out.

Yesterday I left to walk my dog and I remoted in to keep the splasher splashing. He killed the mage of zamorak in Varrock (magic bonus was only -55 so not perfect splash). When I switched worlds the camera was facing directly north and I couldn't see the zamorak mage. I was clicking around a lot on my phone (remotely) trying to click on the mage, but I kept accidentally clicking on the stairway. Basically my guy was running up and down and all around the stairs like an idiot (or a broken bot...). I'm guessing that's what caused me to get banned.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Can just looking like a bot without actually botting result in a ban? The only other thing I can think of is this account was locked on creation due to a (likely) flagged proxy IP. That happens a lot to me, but I just unlock it via email and have never had any issues beyond that with any of my accounts.

Seems unlikely, lots of my bots have been doing some dumb things for hours on end with untested scripts and are still running weeks later. My guess would be that a teleporting mouse cursor on a fresh account with a flagged IP doing botty activities caused it. If you're going to use remote over your phone I'd recommend setting the low level touch input flag for all input

Good to know. At this point I'm staying away from remote with my bots. Lost 4m in the blink of an eye, but it's a cheap lesson in the grand scheme of things.

My square walker bot can walk in a square for 2 hours with no ban. So doubting that was it, but always good to wear a tinfoil hat. 

• 1 month later...

It's usually rare to be banned for macroing without using bots but it is possible. It actually happened to some streamers live and since there were many people watching and it was clear they weren't botting Jagex reverted it quickly. I'm sure that since that was revealed that it has likely happened to many standard players in the past, who were unable to appeal it.

Archived