Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot 3: Now Live!

Pandemic

Hello everyone!

Before I begin, I'd love to thank everyone who participated in the closed, staff, and public betas of DreamBot 3 (DB3). Your comments, bug reports, and suggestions truly have improved the client to a whole new level. I can't express my gratitude enough, thank you all <3.

We've been working on the latest and greatest version of DreamBot for quite a while, and it's finally ready for its public release.

Download New Launcher

I'd like to keep this brief by answering a few questions you might be having:

What's new?

• Resizable mode
    • Any zoom level supported
    • Completely new, simple to use client that just works
    • Better botting performance while using less CPU & RAM
    • Simplified Break system
    • Improved web and local walking
    • Rewritten server for better performance and security
    • Security improvements client wide
    • API is now static, allowing for easier and more reliable script writing
    • Various bug fixes, performance improvements, and smaller features

What's been removed?

• Plugins are no longer supported
    • Clients now only have one instance each, no more tabs

What do I need to do?

With DreamBot 3, all of your old saved account and client settings will be reset. You'll need to login to the client again, and add back all of your accounts and update your client settings. You should only need to do this once.

What about my scripts?

The vast majority of SDN scripts are already available through DB3, and require no effort on your part. Paid scripts do NOT need to be purchased again for DreamBot 3, the purchases will continue forward with DB3. You should still be able to find your scripts in the new script manager and have no problem running them. If you have any trouble with them, please report the issue to the script writer and they'll have it updated as soon as possible!

Your local scripts should build against the newest client JAR, and if you need to make any changes they'll be minor. Please note you need to clean your script projects, and rebuild your script JAR with the new DB3 client JAR as the dependency, otherwise you'll see a "Not compatible with DreamBot 3" error in the status bar.

What about my private scripts that need updated?

We've given this a lot of thought, and decided that the DreamBot 2 server will remain up for 6 months from today. We'll be taking them completely offline on March 19, 2021. We think that this is enough time for you to have your private scripts updated or completely rewritten for extra optimizations with the new client.

You can find the DreamBot 2 launcher here:

----------

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to let us know.

We hope you enjoy the new client!

The Dream Team

2 hours ago, Sicilian7 said:

Does this mean that newly published scripts no longer have to work against the DB2 jar? For new scripts it suffices to work on DB3?

That's correct, as of today there is no longer a requirement for scripts to build successfully against DB2 :)

2 hours ago, TDUBZ813 said:

where can i get the db2 for now still tho?

I'm working on a launcher for DB2 right now :)

Here's the link to the DB2 launcher: https://dreambot.org/DB2Launcher.jar .

DB4 will be when we have an AI to run the bots for us in our place. This looks great. We finally out of beta. So now we can get the stragglers to start testing DB3.

EDIT: @Pandemic can we get that replay button without dev mode too? pretty pwease. XD

Archived