Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot Guides: Help Needed!

Pandemic

Hello everyone,

As we push towards making DreamBot easier to use, we've started a new guides section for user and scripter guides. We think it's a good idea to have up to date guides all centralized in one place, instead of making people search the forums and hope the content is still relevant.

You can find the start of the docs here: https://dreambot.org/guides.

What I'd like to know from you guys is what kind of guides or information you'd like to see added here. We don't want to overflow it with too much stuff, but still would like to have all of the essentials covered. Stuff where people can learn best botting practices, troubleshoot script issues without needing to make (yet another) post on the forums, etc.

Interested in Contributing?

We have a private Github repo for the docs, if you'd be interested in contributing please PM me directly with your Github name or email and I can invite you ASAP :)

There is a ton of great content on our forums already, if you think it'd be fitting please let us know by posting below. These docs are built using Markdown, so if that's something you're familiar with, and would like to help us expand these docs, feel free to let us know which posts you'd like to help convert. If we agree that it'd be a nice addition, you could then convert it and send it to me directly. Once we've done whatever editing is necessary I'll have it added to the docs with you credited as the author / convertor. We may add a forum rank for regular contributors, or offer store credit per page, I'm not really sure yet.

---

Thanks!

The Dream Team

I actually started doing this in a private git repo. I didn't get very far...  I would love to convert my open source tutorial island script into a tutorial that includes how to walk, interact with NPCs/ GameObjects/Items/widgets, combat,TaskScripts, ect... I would start by making short tutorials about each concept, then rolling it all up and use the tut island script as a final product.

I have a decent amount of Markdown experience.

30 minutes ago, Realistic said:

I actually started doing this in a private git repo. I didn't get very far...  I would love to convert my open source tutorial island script into a tutorial that includes how to walk, interact with NPCs/ GameObjects/Items/widgets, combat,TaskScripts, ect... I would start by making short tutorials about each concept, then rolling it all up and use the tut island script as a final product.

That'd be incredible! If you're up for it I'd be happy to add it to the docs :)

yeah. this is cool. I'd like to see all the weird obscure methods documented that i have no idea what they are talking about.

I'm too lazy to get on discord though. If ur willing to send me instructions in text. I'll be willing to help as well. Cheers.

:drink:

On 9/15/2020 at 1:11 AM, Realistic said:

On 9/15/2020 at 2:54 AM, LordJashin32 said:

yeah. this is cool. I'd like to see all the weird obscure methods documented that i have no idea what they are talking about.

I'm too lazy to get on discord though. If ur willing to send me instructions in text. I'll be willing to help as well. Cheers.

:drink:

On 9/15/2020 at 3:05 PM, TheCloakdOne said:

Happy to help out writing docs, used markdown a tonne. If anyone has any tutorials or writeups they want let me know and ill spin it up :)

We just opened a private Github repo for people to directly contribute, if you're interested please PM me your Github name for an invite :)

• 3 years later...