Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Just bought new Pc for botting purposes

Threadripper

Just built my own pc with a 32 core threadripper & Currently has 64Gb ram, 

I'm new to botting with java on osrs & was just curious, How many bots would you think this would run & do you think I will need more ram to allow me to use all 32 cores [Base clock speed is 3.7 Ghz can overclock to 4.5Ghz]

also if anyone has any suggestions for what I could do with this kinda power im interested VV

It will mostly come down to what kind of script(s) you plan on running. The DB3 client can work with as little as ~128MB of RAM pretty comfortably, but unless you have an optimized script you'd probably need to give it a bit more to run. With a smaller RAM limit however, your CPU will be hit quite a bit more with garbage collection running so often, so you'd have to do the calculus to see what trade-off is best for your situation.

11 hours ago, yeeter01 said:

quadsocket server that sounds like a jet engine and cost more than a used honda civic or go home

Feels like a jet engine inside with all the 8 fans cooling the inside :)

16 hours ago, TheCloakdOne said:

you will be capped by ram over CPU on that sort of build but should easily get 40+ bots with an efficient setup

ok thanks for that, I think i'll do some testing before i buy more ram tho, I only plan on making single threaded scripts so maybe I won't be able to use all my cpu to begin with

16 hours ago, Pandemic said:

It will mostly come down to what kind of script(s) you plan on running. The DB3 client can work with as little as ~128MB of RAM pretty comfortably, but unless you have an optimized script you'd probably need to give it a bit more to run. With a smaller RAM limit however, your CPU will be hit quite a bit more with garbage collection running so often, so you'd have to do the calculus to see what trade-off is best for your situation.

Damn thats impressive how little ram it can require, and didn't know you could use less ram with more cpu so that's something i'll definitely keep in mind while testing my scripts and choosing what ram upgrade to go with [if i even can utilise all the power for botting.]

Thanks 

8 hours ago, Threadripper said:

Damn thats impressive how little ram it can require, and didn't know you could use less ram with more cpu so that's something i'll definitely keep in mind while testing my scripts and choosing what ram upgrade to go with [if i even can utilise all the power for botting.]

Thanks 

just make sure you use Dreambot 3. and you're bots will fly to outerspace in no time 💫 ;).

• 1 month later...
    On 9/13/2020 at 5:09 PM, yeeter01 said:

quadsocket server that sounds like a jet engine and cost more than a used honda civic or go home

I just looked that up. Wow I did not know that there were builds like that! I saw that this one sells for over 10K:
    https://www.broadberry.com/superservers-supermicro-servers/sys-8049u-e1cr4t

5 hours ago, Claire Lovely said:

I just looked that up. Wow I did not know that there were builds like that! I saw that this one sells for over 10K:
    https://www.broadberry.com/superservers-supermicro-servers/sys-8049u-e1cr4t

You can build/buy used ones for pretty cheap that can run a sizable bot farm for cheaper than 10k lol.

Archived