Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Menu Entry Swapper

Sicilian7

For people who used Runelite/OSBuddy before, I'm sure you're aware of the Menu Entry Swapper, which is a plugin that allows you to swap the list of menu items so you can left-click many things in the game, such as "Bank" and "GrandExchange". 

It would be pretty awesome if Dreambot got incorporate some version of this into their client, as well as their API. This would make many scripts significantly more efficient, and make bring out the possibility of max efficiency blackjacking/construction scripts.

So far there is no botting client I know of that has menu entry swapper, so Dreambot still has a chance to be the first.

I've considered this as an addition to Covert Mode for DB3, but haven't looked into that much. It's certainly interesting but I'm unsure how bans would be using it. I might play with it sometime in the future :)

3 hours ago, Pandemic said:

I've considered this as an addition to Covert Mode for DB3, but haven't looked into that much. It's certainly interesting but I'm unsure how bans would be using it. I might play with it sometime in the future :)

Jagex released an official statement sometime in 2019 about what is and what isn't acceptable with the menu entry swapper. Basically, the menu entry swaps that was already in Runelite was acceptable, such as one click banking and one click GE trading. 

The stuff that wasn't acceptable was one-click blackjacking and one-click construction, as well as one-click teleporting from the worn items tab. OpenOSRS, which used to be known as Runelite Plus, did have these broken plugins, but nobody I knew (including myself) got banned for using such plugins. I personally went from 64-99 thieving on my main using the OpenOSRS blackjack plugin even after the official statement by Jagex. OpenOSRS now offers a custom plugin that allows users to swap menu entry items on almost all objects and NPCs in the game. There are pking plugins that swap attack options for people in your clan chat vs people not in your clan. People  simply don't get banned using them. If they did, every revenant cave pker would get banned.

So I really doubt that menu entry swapping will affect ban rates of bots. If anything, it could reduce ban rates, since the client would look more like Runelite, and bring more users to Dreambot, especially the autoclickers who use Runelite. 

• 1 month later...

I was just about to post this. I see someone else already thought of this as well. 

It would be a great add! 

On 9/11/2020 at 11:05 AM, Pandemic said:

Menu swapping doesn't really have any impact on ban rate at all. I don't see why this shouldn't be added.

I've been botting with menu entry swapping for a long time and bans don't seem to be impacted by it. Seems only to be impacted by patterns (and of course, the controversial mouse  movements).

Perhaps you could add a toggle to use it and it's off by default? That should please both users who like the traditional methods and the current methods. If it was so bannable, then you'd see everyone using runelite get banned. I reckon they just go off patterns and nothing more.

9 hours ago, Satire said:

I was just about to post this. I see someone else already thought of this as well. 

It would be a great add! 

Menu swapping doesn't really have any impact on ban rate at all. I don't see why this shouldn't be added.

I've been botting with menu entry swapping for a long time and bans don't seem to be impacted by it. Seems only to be impacted by patterns (and of course, the controversial mouse  movements).

Perhaps you could add a toggle to use it and it's off by default? That should please both users who like the traditional methods and the current methods. If it was so bannable, then you'd see everyone using runelite get banned. I reckon they just go off patterns and nothing more.

How have you been using it when it is not in the client?

Also RSPeer went this root or such way and bans were quiet high, i remember Timer made a bot years ago where the menu never opened to select the option, and bans were rife.

8 hours ago, PhaseCoder said:

How have you been using it when it is not in the client?

Also RSPeer went this root or such way and bans were quiet high, i remember Timer made a bot years ago where the menu never opened to select the option, and bans were rife.

By using a modified version of runelite.

But I just got sick of having to maintain the API on my own, I couldn't use it for mass botting, only casual. 

RSPeer is instaban. You bot and get banned the next day, regardless. But they use different methods and inject the context menu into the game and just clicks to execute. With menu entry swapping, you aren't injecting it. You're just swapping it so the mouse will still hover the item to click to execute. RSPeers mouse literally just randomly moves within the center radius. 

So no, they didn't go this route. They went another route.

Archived