Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Keyboard input without also pressing Enter?

Sicilian7

I'm trying to enter Keyboard input as shortcuts for things such as "Make" when fletching, crafting etc. IF I want to press the space bar, then normally Keyboard.type(" ") works fine. However, sometimes whenever there is lag, the bot will accidentally type a space into chat and press enter. I obviously don't want the bot to sometimes accidentally type into chat by pressing enter. Is there any way to enter keyboard input without also pressing Enter?

From the JavaDocs

• type

public void type(java.lang.Object message)
      Types a message and presses enter
      Parameters:
      message - message to type

• type

public void type(java.lang.Object message,
                       boolean enter)
      Types a message and presses enter depending on parameters
      Parameters:
      enter - true to press enter at the end

• type

public void type(java.lang.Object message,
                       boolean enter,
                       boolean makeMistakes)
      Types a message and presses enter depending on parameters
      Parameters:
      enter - true to press enter at the end

On 9/6/2020 at 5:20 PM, Sicilian7 said:

I'm trying to enter Keyboard input as shortcuts for things such as "Make" when fletching, crafting etc. IF I want to press the space bar, then normally Keyboard.type(" ") works fine. However, sometimes whenever there is lag, the bot will accidentally type a space into chat and press enter. I obviously don't want the bot to sometimes accidentally type into chat by pressing enter. Is there any way to enter keyboard input without also pressing Enter?

You can also send the KeyEvent you want directly to the canvas like so:

Client.getInstance().setKeyboardInputEnabled(true);
    //KeyEvent(Component source, int id, long when, int modifiers, int keyCode, char keyChar)
    Instance.dispatchCanvasEvent(new KeyEvent(Instance.getCanvas(), KeyEvent.KEY_TYPED, System.currentTimeMillis(), 0, KeyEvent.VK_SPACE, KeyEvent.CHAR_UNDEFINED));
    Client.getInstance().setKeyboardInputEnabled(false);

Also isn't there some dialogue options for that? Well anyway. Cheers.

@Pandemic his post is better than mine for this because u can just do false.

Make sure you account for lag and check to see if the thing ur pressing space for is actually there.

Archived