Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How to implement parameters

dirtrider478

Im trying to get some parameters put into my script so I can use my own account handler. Only thing I need is just so I can put my username and password in quickstart so it can be called on later in the script when it needs to log in. Just have no idea how to handle parameters. Any help would be appreciated.

java -jar -Xbootclasspath/p:C:\Users\USERNAME\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar C:\Users\USERNAME\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -proxy proxy1-script "Script Name Here" -username DB_USERNAME -password DB_PASSWORD -account ACCOUNT_NAME -params SCRIPT_PARAMETERS

or..

java -jar -Xbootclasspath/p:C:\Users\USERNAME\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar C:\Users\USERNAME\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -proxy proxy1-script "Script Name Here" -username DB_USERNAME -password DB_PASSWORD -accountUsernames ACCOUNT_EMAIL -accountPasswords ACCOUNT_PASSWORD -params SCRIPT_PARAMETERS

All the info for quick start can be found here: 

41 minutes ago, Stoned said:

java -jar -Xbootclasspath/p:C:\Users\USERNAME\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar C:\Users\USERNAME\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -proxy proxy1-script "Script Name Here" -username DB_USERNAME -password DB_PASSWORD -account ACCOUNT_NAME -params SCRIPT_PARAMETERS

or..

java -jar -Xbootclasspath/p:C:\Users\USERNAME\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar C:\Users\USERNAME\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -proxy proxy1-script "Script Name Here" -username DB_USERNAME -password DB_PASSWORD -accountUsernames ACCOUNT_EMAIL -accountPasswords ACCOUNT_PASSWORD -params SCRIPT_PARAMETERS

All the info for quick start can be found here: 

I mean I know how to use the quick start and put params in it but I dont know how to grab them from within the script or call on them when needed.

3 minutes ago, dirtrider478 said:

I mean I know how to use the quick start and put params in it but I dont know how to grab them from within the script or call on them when needed.

o, take a look here: 

• 2 weeks later...
    On 9/4/2020 at 2:40 PM, dirtrider478 said:

Im trying to get some parameters put into my script so I can use my own account handler. Only thing I need is just so I can put my username and password in quickstart so it can be called on later in the script when it needs to log in. Just have no idea how to handle parameters. Any help would be appreciated.

uh. Well you have to put those commands in a file to use them. Either a batch file on Windows. Or a bash file on Linux or Mac. Here is an example of my bash fill on Mac:

#!/bin/bash
    P1_CPATH="/Users/yourUsername/Dreambot/BotData/client.jar"
    P1_USER="your dreambot username"
    P1_PASS="your dreambot forums password"

P1_MEM="512M"
    P1_PNICK="California1"
    P1_WORLD="444"
    P1_ACCNICK="dfsfsd795"
    P1_SCRIPT="Pandemic's Fighter"
    P1_PARAMS="Cow"
    P1_TIME="3h"

nohup java -Xmx"$P1_MEM" -jar -Xbootclasspath/p:"$P1_CPATH" "$P1_CPATH" -proxy "$P1_PNICK" -script "$P1_SCRIPT" -world "$P1_WORLD" -username "$P1_USER" -password "$P1_PASS" -account "$P1_ACCNICK" -params "$P1_PARAMS" -slim > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    clientPID=$!

sleep 90 # Time to load client
    sleep "$P1_TIME" # Time to run client/script for

kill -9 $clientPID

echo "you finnished hurray"

Then make sure your file is executable:

// make your script executable
    chmod +x script.sh
    // then you can run it like so:
    ./script.sh

This runs the client in slim mode. Then kills it after 3 hours. With those settings. Note this was for Dreambot 2. This would need to be updated a tiny bit for Dreambot 3. Probably slim option wouldn't work.

Remove this part if you want to see Debug data from the client:

> /dev/null 2>&1

On 9/4/2020 at 2:40 PM, dirtrider478 said:

also these are one time things u can launch the client with .You can't "call" them again unfortunately. You'd have to write your own script for that in Intellij or Eclipse in Java. If you do call them again. U have to kill the whole client. "quickstart" is just as it is named.

Cheers. Good luck.

I don't see why you couldn't do account handling in Java. you can also tell Java to launch bash scripts if u want to.

38 minutes ago, LordJashin32 said:

uh. Well you have to put those commands in a file to use them. Either a batch file on Windows. Or a bash file on Linux or Mac. Here is an example of my bash fill on Mac:

#!/bin/bash
    P1_CPATH="/Users/yourUsername/Dreambot/BotData/client.jar"
    P1_USER="your dreambot username"
    P1_PASS="your dreambot forums password"

P1_MEM="512M"
    P1_PNICK="California1"
    P1_WORLD="444"
    P1_ACCNICK="dfsfsd795"
    P1_SCRIPT="Pandemic's Fighter"
    P1_PARAMS="Cow"
    P1_TIME="3h"

nohup java -Xmx"$P1_MEM" -jar -Xbootclasspath/p:"$P1_CPATH" "$P1_CPATH" -proxy "$P1_PNICK" -script "$P1_SCRIPT" -world "$P1_WORLD" -username "$P1_USER" -password "$P1_PASS" -account "$P1_ACCNICK" -params "$P1_PARAMS" -slim > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    clientPID=$!

sleep 90 # Time to load client
    sleep "$P1_TIME" # Time to run client/script for

kill -9 $clientPID

echo "you finnished hurray"

Then make sure your file is executable:

// make your script executable
    chmod +x script.sh
    // then you can run it like so:
    ./script.sh

This runs the client in slim mode. Then kills it after 3 hours. With those settings. Note this was for Dreambot 2. This would need to be updated a tiny bit for Dreambot 3. Probably slim option wouldn't work.

Remove this part if you want to see Debug data from the client:

> /dev/null 2>&1

Thats to much lol I just used quick start and grabbed my params with username and password in it, works great!

Archived