Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Botting Feedback

Dinosaurs

Hey everyone,

I recently got back in to botting and have had some early successes building up a farm. Using proxies to protect my main, limiting botting to roughly 3 hour increments, and botting outside of jagex work hours appear to be helpful (or are at least correlated with a lower ban rate)

Yesterday I tried a premium crafting script. This was on a decently seasoned members account with some manual play (questing, leveling, etc.) I was cutting jade in the GE for about 3.5 hours straight (no breaks) but got banned the next day. First time using the script. It looks human-like enough and frankly it's just cutting gems so it doesn't move. In your experience is the GE a bad place to bot? I figured I'd be hiding in plain sight vs. trying to find an unused bank.

I realize I could've just gotten unlucky and bans are part of the experience, but I was hoping to recover more of the cost of the bond before seeing a ban. A ban after one <4 hour botting session on a seasoned, bonded account was a kick in the gut...

P.S. - The only other script I had used on this bot is a very reliable one that I use on my other accounts very often, so I doubt a previous botting session was the culprit here.

There are so many factors that go into bans that you'll hardly ever be able to nail it down to a specific thing, let alone be absolutely certain what triggered it. Cloakd's point is very good, and also note that the longer a script runs the greater chance of a pattern being detected.  

Just make a new account and keep going, bans are a part of this and the game is trying to find out how to get away with it :)

Archived