Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • client constantly freezing

dirtrider478

Ive made numerous scripts and am having issues with 1 in particular that after some prolonged time of running about 4 hours or more will freeze with out of ram error. I have allot 1gig of ram to client and still isnt enough. The only difference i can see with this one compared to my other scripts is this one walks allot back and forth from karamja which is much farther then my other scripts. Any help would be appreciated! 

Hey there, what version of DreamBot are you using?

If it's only happening with one specific script, it's likely a memory leak in your script. Make sure you aren't creating and storing objects that you aren't using anymore.

52 minutes ago, Pandemic said:

Hey there, what version of DreamBot are you using?

If it's only happening with one specific script, it's likely a memory leak in your script. Make sure you aren't creating and storing objects that you aren't using anymore.

Its DB2 and all the npc's and items i interact with is stored as a private int or private npc. The main difference in this script and the others is the distance it travels. Could that be an issue. And correct me if im wrong but creating a private int and gameobject prevents the script from creating multiples correct? 

Just now, dirtrider478 said:

Its DB2 and all the npc's and items i interact with is stored as a private int or private npc. The main difference in this script and the others is the distance it travels. Could that be an issue. And correct me if im wrong but creating a private int and gameobject prevents the script from creating multiples correct? 

How are you walking? Just using our walk methods? If so, that shouldn't have any problems as it's been fairly well tested. Try and check the debug console or terminal output whenever it freezes, it might help us.

The official OSRS client has a known memory leak that seems to disappear if you turn of all sounds in the ingame options (turns out Jagex didn't expect anyone to run 300 clients at once :P). If you haven't already, check if turning off all sounds ingame fixes the issue.

10 hours ago, SubCZ said:

The official OSRS client has a known memory leak that seems to disappear if you turn of all sounds in the ingame options (turns out Jagex didn't expect anyone to run 300 clients at once :P). If you haven't already, check if turning off all sounds ingame fixes the issue.

Wish that was the problem but I run 100 accounts on another server with no issues and I also have sound effects disabled in the client settings. If you got any other ideas please let me know. 

Archived