Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Journey of yet another botter

Sicilian7

The last few weeks I've decided to invest myself much more into botting and scripting and testing the limits of Jagex's systems. Though I've been botting on and off since 2017, it's only recently that I've really taken the initiative to try to figure out what sort of things trigger their detection. I've decided to share my botting story with others. Although I botted on RS3 back in the day, I will be covering osrs botting only.

August 2017 

Learned about Dreambot. Downloaded the client. I was already using IntelliJ at my job, so it was convenient that it worked quite well with Dreambot. Made simple woodcutting and tin mining script which I ran on a throwaway account for about 5 minutes each. Then made a simple Edgeville man-killer which would loot the bones and bank them and eat at low hp etc. Over the course of a few days, ran it to about 40 in all combat stats, including range and mage. The man-killing script was very buggy, yet it was never banned in the week of my using it. The account hasn't been botted on since then, and I now use this account as a mule and gold seller. Took a break from scripting to play legit on my main account, which at the time was a pure.

February 2018

Been doing a lot of f2p pking on my pure. I found out about warrior's guild keg balancing. Wrote a script for this, and made it so it could drink energy pots and bank etc. The script was very buggy and would occasionally get stuck doing nothing. Being lazy, I never fixed the bug and ran this script for about 6-9 hours a day for 3 weeks, and got from 90 to 99 str. No ban whatsoever. At this time, I was probably one of the strongest f2p pures in the game and destroyed almost everyone in f2p Edgeville pking (which I now find to be a joke by the way).

March 2018

Being confident having gotten a strong pure account using my own script, I decided to explore other botting methods. I wrote a simple cannonball smithing script, and used it on my pure. It was kind of buggy, and it sometimes clicked behind the Edgeville furnace. It got banned the next day (2 day ban), and I decided I didn't want to risk a perm, so I stopped botting (and scripting) completely.

March 2019

At around this time, I was mostly playing legit and doing a lot of pking in the revenant caves. I realized it would be very useful to have a scouting bot that would hop around different worlds looking for juicy pvmers, and smaller clans that we could take on. My clan-mate gave me a fresh bonded account to work with, and I proceeded to  make a bot that would hop around different worlds and scout out craws bowers, macers, and small pure clans that we could snipe. It would also look for potential skull trick targets. The bot would hop every 10 seconds and type everything it saw into our clan's CC. It was somewhat buggy, and would sometimes accidentally type into public chat, which made it obvious that it was a bot. Still, it lasted a week before getting banned, probably due to player reports. In the future, if I did this again, I would have it establish a socket connection with a discord server and directly post to discord rather than use in game clan chat, which was probably what got it banned.

November 2019

At around this point, I had mostly been making plugins for OpenOSRS which I would use for my own purposes. I decided I wanted to get back to botting, with the eventual goal of making a stable gold farm. I wrote some f2p combat scripts, slightly more advanced than the edgeville man killer I had written back in 2017. The script worked quite well, other than the fact that it would often get stuck walking due to being in an area that wasn't mapped by the web. Got to 60 all melee stats by just running the bot. Was honestly expecting it to just get banned by then. It never got banned. 

August 2020

Came back from a long break to continue the distant goal of having a stable farm. Did lots of internet research on gold farms and different techniques. I decided I was going to make f2p scripts to try and get 30 all stats. This would give me exposure to a wide range of tools in the API, as well as giving me an opportunity to organize my code-base and plan how to best structure my code for future operations. I made an account, and made a shrimping script, which I ran straight to 24 fishing and then a cooking script which I ran to 30 cooking. Banned the next day. Decided to try again, as maybe I was just unlucky? This time though, I also made a woodcutting script, firemaking script, mining script, and crafting script. I got level 20 in all these stats in under a day. Got banned the next day.  The next week, I decided to give up on common f2p skilling methods, and focus on more uncommon f2p methods, which I will not reveal just yet. Made an f2p moneymaking script, which I have been suiciding for the past 48 hours. I have been muling the goal about every 12 hours or so. The account hasn't even been banned yet, which is an absolute astonishment to me. I'm expecting it to get banned in the next 48 hours, since I am going all in suicide mode with it. If it legit doesn't get banned, I will eat my shoe and donate a lung. I have also been experimenting with ways to bypass the trade restrictions with much success. More importantly though, it will be interesting to see whether or not my mule gets banned in the coming weeks. So far things seem fine but I don't want to speak too soon.

My conclusions (or rather my beginning theories) of my botting experiences (I'm curious to know whether other experienced botters agree with this):

- It is possible to have f2p scripts that do last a while (>2 days) if the method and script is obscure enough. Even suicidal accounts can last upwards of 2 weekdays.

- It seems that player reports are the biggest source of bans. 

- Commonly botted methods will earn a fast ban, regardless of how good the script is. I think the cooking script in the GE is what got me banned in most of the f2p accounts. I legit think I could have run a Port Sarim or wilderness woodcutter to 90+ woodcutting without a ban since there is literally nobody there.

- F2P vs P2P doesn't seem to matter much. Although I will need to test this more thoroughly myself. 

- Playtime seems to not matter much, at least not compared to the factors above. I doubt how much breaks and sleeping actually help. If your bot is getting reported anyway, it seems it will be banned anyway. More testing is needed.

- I do not have the covert mode, and am unsure how much it really matters compared to the above factors. The only way to be sure is by experimenting. So I will eventually buy VIP and compare it to accounts which do not use VIP and test the results.

Basically, I have a lot more experimental work to do, but at least now I have a solid set of hypotheses to work with rather than being in the complete dark. 

Let me know what you guys think! Also, I may eventually release my keg balancing script on the SDN, but only when I am sure I myself will never need it again.

99 str-min.png

Hey, I would like to add my experiences over the last week, I have made an AIO script that takes a fresh level 3 that has all the combat gear needed in bank(iron scim -> rune ect) and simply levels up the combat stats, changes gear when necessary and moves onto to better training spots before eventually killing/looting chaos druids. 6 accounts tested so far, 3 of them got banned insantly within 5 mins of botting, other 3 are all going great not far off 40 combat. All these accounts use the same IP.

8 minutes ago, Dockid said:

Hey, I would like to add my experiences over the last week, I have made an AIO script that takes a fresh level 3 that has all the combat gear needed in bank(iron scim -> rune ect) and simply levels up the combat stats, changes gear when necessary and moves onto to better training spots before eventually killing/looting chaos druids. 6 accounts tested so far, 3 of them got banned insantly within 5 mins of botting, other 3 are all going great not far off 40 combat. All these accounts use the same IP.

Nice! Great job dude. 

59 minutes ago, Dockid said:

So far I haven't tried using multiple bots on the same IP. I've been only doing 1 bot at a time and pushing it to its limits to see how long it takes for them to ban it and experimenting with different scripts and methods. When my current account gets banned, I will repeat what I am doing now with multiple accounts per IP to see how long they last. 

It is possible to have f2p scripts that do last a while (>2 days) if the method and script is obscure enough. Even suicidal accounts can last upwards of 2 weekdays.

I would agree with this statement, I have very successfully trained many F2P accounts since doing my own experimenting. Chosen method/skill I believe also matters.

Good luck with your journey :)

Good luck! :) Since you're suiciding one account at a time to test ban rates, it might be useful to clear your OSRS cache any time you hop on a new account to remove association with your banned accounts (if you're not already doing that).

My experience is similar. Tried tons of accounts on f2p skilling basics and was getting banned pretty quick. I didn't realize u had to rest the accounts. Fishing bots get banned real fast. There's even guys going around all the servers setting fires and checking to see if the people fishing use them or not. Just FYI. I've seen ingame changes to test for bots. Like when i used to play the game they changed the click options on hill giants just to see if there was bots. And then i complained in chat and they switched it back. (Right click attack vs left click attacking the hillgiant) (They broke left click on purpose to test for bots (back 1+ year ago). Did lots of berry bots and beer bots for quick cash only to find out they don't really make anything and get banned pretty quick. Have been mostly just doing 7-8 hours of botting on accounts at a time. I think after a long period of testing this over and over the #1 thing is the tutorial island manual + the rest period afterwards. Because I'd literally do something retarded that wouldn't get banned on one account. Then i do it on a couple more and they get banned for some reason? and the underlying factor was always the tut island script or the fact no rest period. (BUY fresh accounts if you can, dude on forums sells good ones for cheap and offers test accounts too)

Biggest tips I've seen is to inject real play sometimes. Jagex won't even ban a really good account that bots for fear of angering players. I botted using color bots that got 2 of my accounts insta banned but didn't touch my main at all. Which was unusual to me (yes i used the color bot on my main too). Years ago i know my main would've been perma'd lol. For some reason scripts that move around alot vs. just standing in one spot skiling, tend to get banned less.

I did try some members botting with a script i made but i think it got it banned. I lost the initial investment and decided to hold off for a while. Gonna try again here soon. From what I've seen on youtube. Some people do like 2 accounts botitng but they inject real play. Like they'll do some stuff themselves then throw the bot on Wintertodt for like 6+ hours and make bank. Or weekend and they'll do way more hours.

Paid scripts have been working better than freebies. Got a lot of accounts banned on freebies so far. Nex Cadava berry, and Nex walker though are by far the best free scripts ive seen.

Alternated between 3-4 different unpaid and paid fishing scripts. Doesn't matter. Jagex still bans em like crazy. Seen dude on youtube run 10 accounts f2p feather fishing and they still get all banned. He was trying to go for minnows.

OH and i learned that don't use 256 or low memory. Use 512 or higher because Nex walker and other scripts need it bad.

Update from my last post, 2 of the 3 accounts made it to 45 combat before getting banned (Jagex mod comment) and one is still going at 50+ combat. All on same IP

Archived