Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot 3 Public Beta: Meme No Longer

Pandemic

14 hours ago, LostVirt said:

Got a question, so im running debian 9 on my dedi and on task manager it says that the clients are using 650mb of ram each eventhough checking memory usage in developer mode only uses 140-165 mb, why is it doing that 😮

I could be wrong but: There are multiple "layers". The client it's self uses ram, the JVM uses ram, the script uses ram, and the game uses ram. When I start the client on Windows 10 it uses ~300 MB. When I log into RS I start using closer to 400. This is without a script running. When I start a script it will go up a little to ~425-450 MB. And DB3 is only reporting ~100 MB used AFTER I log in.

I am able to increase my ram usage to ~600 MB if I change my "Max Memory" to 1024 MB in the DB3 Launcher and ~ 200 MB reported by DB3.

If I had to take another guess the higher the max memory is set the less often the Java Garbage Collector will run, so the memory will stay higher. Also, that JVM are you using? The one that comes in the Debian repos? JVM versions can change quite a bit.

18 hours ago, LostVirt said:

Got a question, so im running debian 9 on my dedi and on task manager it says that the clients are using 650mb of ram each eventhough checking memory usage in developer mode only uses 140-165 mb, why is it doing that 😮

That's how the JVM works, you can set the VM limit by either using the launcher or passing these args when you start the client (before -jar):

-Xmx256m -Xms256m

Replace 256 with an amount of RAM in megabytes.

15 hours ago, LordJashin32 said:

@Pandemic Seems like the canvas doesn't respond to these?

Instance.dispatchCanvasEvent(new MouseWheelEvent(Instance.getCanvas(), Integer.parseInt(t[0]), System.currentTimeMillis(), Integer.parseInt(t[1]), Integer.parseInt(t[2]), Integer.parseInt(t[3]), Integer.parseInt(t[4]), Integer.parseInt(t[5]), Integer.parseInt(t[6]), Boolean.parseBoolean(t[7]), Integer.parseInt(t[8]), Integer.parseInt(t[9]), Integer.parseInt(t[10]), Double.parseDouble(t[11])));

Atleast the event listener works on this one. Cheers.

I'll check it out, but we send those and they work just fine :o

14 hours ago, holic said:

Yes? Please? At least the info button that opens the topic for the script would be delightful.

Categories.png

I think search kind of removes the need for category filtering, but I do like the idea of a thread link. I'll see what I can do :)

30 minutes ago, Pandemic said:

That's how the JVM works, you can set the VM limit by either using the launcher or passing these args when you start the client (before -jar):

-Xmx256m -Xms256m

Replace 256 with an amount of RAM in megabytes.

I'll check it out, but we send those and they work just fine :o

I think search kind of removes the need for category filtering, but I do like the idea of a thread link. I'll see what I can do :)

I second on the category. Its just useful and it would it make it more user-friendly, also the info thread link is a good idea

48 minutes ago, Neffarion said:

I second on the category. Its just useful and it would it make it more user-friendly, also the info thread link is a good idea

DB3 is currently on a feature freeze, so both of these will need to come sometime after public release. I'll try to think of a nice way to do category filtering, let me know if you have any ideas. I don't know if I want a combobox next to the search bar, there's already a lot of stuff up there as is, I'd hate for it to become overloaded and complicated just to look at.

RC 3 Released:

• Break fix when minimum and maximum is the same
    • World switcher (possible) fix
    • Bank scrolling on resizable mode fix
    • Clan Wars bank removed from getNearest
    • Added some conditions for BankLocation#getNearest
    • Quick Reload button now restarts the last running script even if it's not local
    • Various other fixes

1 hour ago, Pandemic said:

RC 3 Released:

• Break fix when minimum and maximum is the same
    • World switcher (possible) fix
    • Bank scrolling on resizable mode fix
    • Clan Wars bank removed from getNearest
    • Added some conditions for BankLocation#getNearest
    • Quick Reload button now restarts the last running script even if it's not local
    • Various other fixes

Sweet thanks for the update :)

Nice. Yeah my bad on Wheel event. Works fine. I really like the reload button btw. Makes scripting a lot easier.

@Pandemic You forgot to change the hover text on reload to not say local anymore ^^. Not really an error but just trying to find error for u.

Did anyone else run into issues with Death handler random in DB2? I remember multiple times where it would finish all the dialogue options except for 1. And then so my dude would never leave lol.

EDIT: Weird the on paint doesn't seem to end either take a look at this lol

e090d3?filename=1600503040502_19-09-2020

The paint from #1 Woodcutting is still running. Despite me launching my local script. And my local script has color changer on paint. So #1 woodcutting's text for onpaint is changing colors from holic's rainbow mode lmao

Even when i reload my script its still there.

12 hours ago, LordJashin32 said:

Nice. Yeah my bad on Wheel event. Works fine. I really like the reload button btw. Makes scripting a lot easier.

@Pandemic You forgot to change the hover text on reload to not say local anymore ^^. Not really an error but just trying to find error for u.

Did anyone else run into issues with Death handler random in DB2? I remember multiple times where it would finish all the dialogue options except for 1. And then so my dude would never leave lol.

EDIT: Weird the on paint doesn't seem to end either take a look at this lol

e090d3?filename=1600503040502_19-09-2020

The paint from #1 Woodcutting is still running. Despite me launching my local script. And my local script has color changer on paint. So #1 woodcutting's text for onpaint is changing colors from holic's rainbow mode lmao

Even when i reload my script its still there.

On my end the hover text is showing: "Script Reload: This will stop your current script, reload it (if local), and restart it." :)

That Death Handler problem I fixed pretty early on with DB3, are you still having an issue?

What steps can I take to recreate the two scripts running issue?

• Pandemic locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived