Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot 3 Public Beta: Meme No Longer

Pandemic

I'm having a weird issue with Dreambot 3 when trying to run stuff on another computer. The client doesn't seem to save any info, such as the account info, whether or not fresh start is enabled etc. Also, everytime I restart the client, it asks me to login to Dreambot, which means it's not saving my Dreambot login info either. When I check the DB folder, I don't see many of the files that I would normally see in BotData, such as "accounts.db" and "settings.dat". I've even tried running DB3 as administrator, and it doesn't help.

This issue only happens on my other computer and only happens on DB3. On my main computer, both DB3 and DB2 work fine. On the other PC, DB2 works fine but DB3  has this issue.

Both computers are Windows btw. The 2nd PC with the issue is Windows 8 though.

3 hours ago, powerrangerx said:

No more changelog on first post?

I've been pretty busy lately, I haven't had time to get around to it :( These last couple builds are mostly just bug fixes and interaction tweaks though.

52 minutes ago, Sicilian7 said:

I'm having a weird issue with Dreambot 3 when trying to run stuff on another computer. The client doesn't seem to save any info, such as the account info, whether or not fresh start is enabled etc. Also, everytime I restart the client, it asks me to login to Dreambot, which means it's not saving my Dreambot login info either. When I check the DB folder, I don't see many of the files that I would normally see in BotData, such as "accounts.db" and "settings.dat". I've even tried running DB3 as administrator, and it doesn't help.

This issue only happens on my other computer and only happens on DB3. On my main computer, both DB3 and DB2 work fine. On the other PC, DB2 works fine but DB3  has this issue.

Both computers are Windows btw. The 2nd PC with the issue is Windows 8 though.

File locations and names have been changed, so you'll need to change the settings and add your accounts back into DB3. You should see the files in the same folder, try changing a client setting then close the settings window to save them.

I am still running into the same CPU problem even with the latest build. My clients CPU usage stays around 2% and sometimes shoots up to 30%. When Im running multiple bots it sometimes causes my CPU to run at 100% which is not good.

Anyone else ran into this problem? Could be my script aswell.

4 hours ago, Mancubus said:

I am still running into the same CPU problem even with the latest build. My clients CPU usage stays around 2% and sometimes shoots up to 30%. When Im running multiple bots it sometimes causes my CPU to run at 100% which is not good.

Anyone else ran into this problem? Could be my script aswell.

I've personally seen a decrease in CPU/RAM usage with my scripts, and the client by itself is improved by a fair amount. You should use a profiler and track down the issue(s) with your script :)

2 hours ago, Pandemic said:

I've personally seen a decrease in CPU/RAM usage with my scripts, and the client by itself is improved by a fair amount. You should use a profiler and track down the issue(s) with your script :)

This might not be the best place to ask this, but is there a good way to debug/profile a JAR running in dreambot? I don't know much about Java debugging.

1 hour ago, Realistic said:

This might not be the best place to ask this, but is there a good way to debug/profile a JAR running in dreambot? I don't know much about Java debugging.

You can use a profiler like VisualVM, attach to DreamBot, then look for the thread named "script" when profiling/sampling for your script's performance.

5 hours ago, LostVirt said:

db3 is so fucking good compared to db2

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, ThatGuyCapt said:

i get the first screen to open when you can choose ow much memory to use and shows client is ready but when i click launch it doesnt open 

With this DB3 beta or the normal DB2?

Hello everyone!

Any thoughts on why my DB only renders when I move my mouse off or on the DB window? If I keep my mouse on the window nothing renders, if I keep my mouse off the window nothing renders, but if I keep moving my mouse off and on the window everything renders perfectly. I'm running DB3beta on a Macbook Pro 2015 with 512MB of RAM allocated for DB. DB is usually using 100-150MB of memory and on 30 fps (but the fps dont matter, the issue still happens if I set to 10 fps).

I'm used to running DB2 and sometimes I have rendering issues, which usually get solved when I restart the DBLauncher, but already restarted everything here and the issue keeps happening 😕

Archived