Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot 3 Public Beta: Meme No Longer

Pandemic

Loving the updates, it's getting smoother and faster with each build. And man I love being able to use my scrollwheel in the script manager and have scroll normally!

Two quick things:

1) Any chances of sorting scripts by category?

2) Entity#distance() doesn't seem to take into account the Z axis so if you're above or below what you're checking it's inaccurate. Also if you're using Walking#walk to a different plane, it'll just walk to your specified tile but won't climb up/down nor acknowledge that it's above/below where it should be. My tiles do have their Z axis specified, not left blank. Not sure if it did on DB2 as I never tried it but seeing how smart your web walking is I thought maybe that it handled ladders/stairs. It's easy enough to add a fix into the script so no biggie if it's not a bug!

26 minutes ago, holic said:

If you're using Walking#walk to a different plane, it'll just walk to your specified tile but won't climb up/down nor acknowledge that it's above/below where it should be. My tiles do have their Z axis specified, not left blank. Not sure if it did on DB2 as I never tried it but seeing how smart your web walking is I thought maybe that it handled ladders/stairs. It's easy enough to add a fix into the script so no biggie if it's not a bug!

The walk method does automatically walk to the specified plane, but there's two cases when it fails:

1) The ClimbableObstacle that leads to your specified tile is not registered (not a big deal, just add it to the WebWalker's obstacles)

2) The ClimbableObstacle is behind a PassableObstcle (for example, a closed door). The pathfinder doesn't seem to find the path in that case and just walks back and forth on the plane underneath the target tile. Would be nice to have this fixed, but you can also just write a wrapper class for the walking method that finds the closest ClimbableObstacle that leads to the target area, and then first walks to the ClimbableObstacle's base, before directly walking to the target tile. In that case it'll take care of all the doors obstructing the path to the stairs, and then climb them properly.

1 hour ago, holic said:

Loving the updates, it's getting smoother and faster with each build. And man I love being able to use my scrollwheel in the script manager and have scroll normally!

Two quick things:

1) Any chances of sorting scripts by category?

2) Entity#distance() doesn't seem to take into account the Z axis so if you're above or below what you're checking it's inaccurate. Also if you're using Walking#walk to a different plane, it'll just walk to your specified tile but won't climb up/down nor acknowledge that it's above/below where it should be. My tiles do have their Z axis specified, not left blank. Not sure if it did on DB2 as I never tried it but seeing how smart your web walking is I thought maybe that it handled ladders/stairs. It's easy enough to add a fix into the script so no biggie if it's not a bug!

Thanks for the kind words :)

1) Possibly, but with the search function already there I'm not sure how much we want to clog up the interface. I'm not sure how many people have enough scripts that they can't search through them.

2) distance() is a straight (hypot) distance, it doesn't account for actual walking paths or anything like that. If you could give me a tile to walk to that isn't going up stairs, let me know and I can check it out.

Instead of a start and stop button. Since we took away a button. Can we get a new button? I was thinking of a "restart last script" button. Like lets say I wanna skip all gui's and dialogues and just replay the last script that i ran. Can we add this? Would save some time. Would help for people manually muling gold too. To be able to do that. Saves me 3-5 clicks probably. Your call though. I can confirm the account adder is working.

Like lets say i run Pandemics Fighter against Cows looting hides for like 6 hours and banking and i wanna stop it myself on f2p go mule the gold. Then i wanna run that again. And you have presets i see that. But its still 3 clicks to do all that or 4 even. Where with a "Replay last" button would just auto do it.

EDIT: oh i see u have most recent script on  the scripts thing. that's cool!

10 hours ago, SubCZ said:

1) The ClimbableObstacle that leads to your specified tile is not registered (not a big deal, just add it to the WebWalker's obstacles)

Cheers, I didn't notice this. I will try some things out to see if I can get it working. So far just adding the stairs to WebPathFinder and AStarPathFinder yields no results. Know of any good examples of ClimbableObstacle anywhere? 

9 hours ago, Pandemic said:

2) distance() is a straight (hypot) distance, it doesn't account for actual walking paths or anything like that. If you could give me a tile to walk to that isn't going up stairs, let me know and I can check it out.

Copy. Thanks! It's actually the stairs in the Lumby castle:

Tile(3206,3209)

I think the breaks are broken. If i add 2 breaks. The minute field from the 2nd one overwrites the first one. Even when i go back and change it back.

Using Build 7

EDIT: Can you make it so we can move accounts around in account manager so we can order them how we like to?

When using first db3 on Rpi works fine. try to run a script on 2nd db3 get this:

3:55:24 AM: [ERROR] Error occurred while trying to start script:
    	org.apache.commons.math3.exception.NumberIsTooLargeException: lower bound (84,000,000) must be strictly less than upper bound (83,999,999)
    	at org.apache.commons.math3.distribution.UniformIntegerDistribution.<init>(UniformIntegerDistribution.java)
    	at org.apache.commons.math3.random.RandomDataGenerator.nextInt(RandomDataGenerator.java)
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.Calculations.random(Calculations.java)
    	at org.dreambot.core.a.c(a.java)
    	at org.dreambot.core.a.i(a.java)
    	at org.dreambot.api.script.ScriptManager.c(ScriptManager.java)
    	at org.dreambot.api.script.ScriptManager.start(ScriptManager.java)
    	at org.dreambot.a6.lambda$null$2(a6.java)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    pi@leroyjenkins:~ $ java -version
    java version "1.8.0_261"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_261-b13)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 25.261-b13, mixed mode)
    pi@leroyjenkins:~ $ 

And for those wondering. The Pi wasn't even maxed out on CPU when this happened. or ram

Noticed another bug with the LoginUtility:

LoginUtility#changeWorld always selects the world in the same row but one column to the right of the actual given world. For example, when trying to change to world 368 it selects 392, when trying to select 422 it selects 449, etc. Looks like the column offset is just off by one.

Edit: @holic

Cheers, I didn't notice this. I will try some things out to see if I can get it working. So far just adding the stairs to WebPathFinder and AStarPathFinder yields no results. Know of any good examples of ClimbableObstacle anywhere? 

I just checked out the issue with walking in Lumbridge castle and it looks like a DB3 bug so I wrote a quick wrapper workaround until it's fixed:

public class WalkWrapper {
    	private static final Area LUMBRIDGE_CASTLE = new Area(3202, 3204, 3220, 3233);
    	private static final Area LUMBRIDGE_STAIRCASE = new Area(3205, 3209, 3207, 3211, 0);

public static boolean walk(Tile tile) {
    		if(inUpperCastle(tile) && inBuggyCastle(PlayerUtil.getLocalPlayer().getTile())) {
    			AbstractScript.log("WALKUTIL: Avoiding Lumbridge bug ...");
    			return Walking.walk(LUMBRIDGE_STAIRCASE.getRandomTile());
    		}

return Walking.walk(tile);
    	}

private static boolean inUpperCastle(Tile tile) {
    		return LUMBRIDGE_CASTLE.contains(tile) && tile.getZ() > 0;
    	}

private static boolean inBuggyCastle(Tile tile) {
    		return 	LUMBRIDGE_CASTLE.contains(tile) &&
    			!LUMBRIDGE_STAIRCASE.contains(tile) &&
    			tile.getZ() == 0;
    	}
    }

If you use this instead of Walking#walk it should deal with that specific bug anytime you get near it.

16 hours ago, holic said:

Copy. Thanks! It's actually the stairs in the Lumby castle:

Tile(3206,3209)

13 hours ago, LordJashin32 said:

When using first db3 on Rpi works fine. try to run a script on 2nd db3 get this:

3:55:24 AM: [ERROR] Error occurred while trying to start script:
    	org.apache.commons.math3.exception.NumberIsTooLargeException: lower bound (84,000,000) must be strictly less than upper bound (83,999,999)
    	at org.apache.commons.math3.distribution.UniformIntegerDistribution.<init>(UniformIntegerDistribution.java)
    	at org.apache.commons.math3.random.RandomDataGenerator.nextInt(RandomDataGenerator.java)
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.Calculations.random(Calculations.java)
    	at org.dreambot.core.a.c(a.java)
    	at org.dreambot.core.a.i(a.java)
    	at org.dreambot.api.script.ScriptManager.c(ScriptManager.java)
    	at org.dreambot.a6.lambda$null$2(a6.java)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

pi@leroyjenkins:~ $ java -version
    java version "1.8.0_261"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_261-b13)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 25.261-b13, mixed mode)
    pi@leroyjenkins:~ $ 

And for those wondering. The Pi wasn't even maxed out on CPU when this happened. or ram

12 hours ago, SubCZ said:

Noticed another bug with the LoginUtility:

LoginUtility#changeWorld always selects the world in the same row but one column to the right of the actual given world. For example, when trying to change to world 368 it selects 392, when trying to select 422 it selects 449, etc. Looks like the column offset is just off by one.

Edit: @holic

I just checked out the issue with walking in Lumbridge castle and it looks like a DB3 bug so I wrote a quick wrapper workaround until it's fixed:

public class WalkWrapper {
    	private static final Area LUMBRIDGE_CASTLE = new Area(3202, 3204, 3220, 3233);
    	private static final Area LUMBRIDGE_STAIRCASE = new Area(3205, 3209, 3207, 3211, 0);

public static boolean walk(Tile tile) {
    		if(inUpperCastle(tile) && inBuggyCastle(PlayerUtil.getLocalPlayer().getTile())) {
    			AbstractScript.log("WALKUTIL: Avoiding Lumbridge bug ...");
    			return Walking.walk(LUMBRIDGE_STAIRCASE.getRandomTile());
    		}

return Walking.walk(tile);
    	}

private static boolean inUpperCastle(Tile tile) {
    		return LUMBRIDGE_CASTLE.contains(tile) && tile.getZ() > 0;
    	}

private static boolean inBuggyCastle(Tile tile) {
    		return 	LUMBRIDGE_CASTLE.contains(tile) &&
    			!LUMBRIDGE_STAIRCASE.contains(tile) &&
    			tile.getZ() == 0;
    	}
    }

If you use this instead of Walking#walk it should deal with that specific bug anytime you get near it.

Checking everything out today :) 

Archived