Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • New to dreambot scripting, getting fast bans.

djiado

A little about me - I played RS2 for many years, and osrs for many years. I have about 5 years experience as a full time software developer. Although java isn't my primary language, I'm comfortable with it.

I tried scripting with dreambot a few years back, but was consistently banned within 1-2 days.

I have tried again in the last few days, but got banned after only 1-2 hours of running my bot.

My bot doesn't error, i.e. it performs the desired task accurately, it never begins behaving strangely. I have randomised sleep times.

I understand with new accounts doing repetitive tasks that there will be a high ban rate, but only taking 1-2 hours to be banned suggests to me that I'm making a fundamental mistake.

I am assuming that dreambot itself handles almost all "anti-ban" behaviour, e.g. I only need to tell it what interaction to make, I don't have to manually randomise pixel-clicking etc.

I'm not sure what the extent of this is however, as some actions are unclear to me - for example if I use getWalking.walkTo(tile), will it always walk to that exact tile? Or will it just get close? I'm also assuming I should be using methods such as getBank().openClosest(), rather than walking to the bank myself, then manually interacting with objects.

What tips can you give to a scripting noob like me to reduce my ban rate? What things are likely to give me away so quickly?

If you need any extra info, let me know. If any experienced users want me to dm them my source code, I'm happy to do this. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

You don't need to tell the mouse where to click on the client's canvas, dreambot handles that for you. All you need to do is start off by making a super simple script like a bot that collects cow hides. This however probably won't last that long because that area is highly botted. But the idea is to write a script that interacts with the game as little as possible (interacting more gives jagex more data to go by to see if you're a bot or not) and then you can perfect and attempt to make those interacts as human as possible. Think how a human would pick up cowhides, they wouldn't stand still for exactly 1 second every time, the sleep would be maybe between 1-3 seconds? Depends on the player. Also if you react to picking up cowhides quicker than a human would, it makes it easier to flag you as a bot. 

My advice would be to make something really simple, don't think about 'anti-ban' yet. Because you'd only be giving jagex more data to go by if you do it wrong. Regarding your walk method, it will always go to that tile because that's the instruction it's been given. What you could do is create an area maybe 3x3 where that tile is, and walk to a random tile in that area. Hope you understand what I mean, if you want me to elaborate on anything I can

That's very strange that you got banned in one to two hours given your description. Even very basic 100 lines of code mining scripts should get well past that point so I suspect some issue with the setup of your account rather than your script if it was truly performing as expected. Were there any proxies involved? Any previous bans? Was tutorial island botted? Possibly any invisible malfunctions i.e a bug in your script that is sending clicks to a location in your game where the clicks don't have an effect, but are still picked up by the game?

Regarding the walk() method:  instead of passing a tile to it, it's better practice to use the Area class to specify the destination and use it's getRandomTile() method.

Dreambot has plenty of built-in antiban features to get started, but any antiban feature that is used in mass and doesn't perfectly resemble human interaction will eventually create a detectable pattern (normal distributions are great to model a population but not necessarily an individual), so I suggest overriding some of them once you get comfortable with the API. But again, this is absolutely not the reason you got banned within two hours.

2 hours ago, Xtra said:

You don't need to tell the mouse where to click on the client's canvas, dreambot handles that for you. All you need to do is start off by making a super simple script like a bot that collects cow hides. This however probably won't last that long because that area is highly botted. But the idea is to write a script that interacts with the game as little as possible (interacting more gives jagex more data to go by to see if you're a bot or not) and then you can perfect and attempt to make those interacts as human as possible. Think how a human would pick up cowhides, they wouldn't stand still for exactly 1 second every time, the sleep would be maybe between 1-3 seconds? Depends on the player. Also if you react to picking up cowhides quicker than a human would, it makes it easier to flag you as a bot. 

My advice would be to make something really simple, don't think about 'anti-ban' yet. Because you'd only be giving jagex more data to go by if you do it wrong. Regarding your walk method, it will always go to that tile because that's the instruction it's been given. What you could do is create an area maybe 3x3 where that tile is, and walk to a random tile in that area. Hope you understand what I mean, if you want me to elaborate on anything I can

Thanks for the info regarding method behaviours. As for the ban - I wasn't going for anything extravagant, I just wanted to start as simple as possible just to get familiar with the API.

14 minutes ago, SubCZ said:

That's very strange that you got banned in one to two hours given your description. Even very basic 100 lines of code mining scripts should get well past that point so I suspect some issue with the setup of your account rather than your script if it was truly performing as expected. Were there any proxies involved? Any previous bans? Was tutorial island botted? Possibly any invisible malfunctions i.e a bug in your script that is sending clicks to a location in your game where the clicks don't have an effect, but are still picked up by the game?

Regarding the walk() method:  instead of passing a tile to it, it's better practice to use the Area class to specify the destination and use it's getRandomTile() method.

Dreambot has plenty of built-in antiban features to get started, but any antiban feature that is used in mass and doesn't perfectly resemble human interaction will eventually create a detectable pattern (normal distributions are great to model a population but not necessarily an individual), so I suggest overriding some of them once you get comfortable with the API. But again, this is absolutely not the reason you got banned within two hours.

I didn't use any proxies, and I complete tutorial island manually. I could DM you some more specific info if that's okay with you?

I'm pretty sure that the bot was not clicking anything unnecessarily, I watched it the entire time it was running, everything behaved exactly as intended.

3 minutes ago, djiado said:

I could DM you some more specific info if that's okay with you?

Of course, you're welcome to DM me the details and I'll take a quick look if anything stands out.

Those accounts your making and botting on the same day are guaranteed to get banned. Not sure how your setup is on creating the accounts or what kind of ip's you use but ill give you a strong tip from a very experienced suicide botter. Use unflagged ip's to make accounts and once their created run them through tut island then log out. Let it rest for 48 hours. If its not banned your gtg. Then you can bot on it and are guaranteed atleast 24 hours of ban free botting depending on when you start the bot up. But your problem is ether your creating the accounts and then botting on them immediately or the ip/proxy your using to create them is flagged. First one most likely being your common problem. 

Archived