Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Detecting GraphicsObject possible on Dreambot?

Cremzy

for example if I am looking to do a code similar to what I would do in Runelite by finding a GraphicsObject, its not a GameObject nor NPC, I did search around the API but did not find anything of this kind. Maybe I missed it so hoping to see if anyone has insight on this.

Looking to do something similar to this

for (GraphicsObject graphicsObject : client.getGraphicsObjects())
    {
    	getWalking().clickOnMiniMap(graphicObject.getLocation());
    }

Just to give more context here,

In RuneLite you have these types of objects:
    Actor, GraphicsObject, GameObject, Model, NPC, Player, Projectile, TileItem

What would be the equivalent of a GraphicsObject?

He is referring to a type of GameObject that is a graphic/animation that can spawn, do an animation, and disappear.

You can debug different types of GameObjects via RuneLite's dev tools. For example, there is a GameObject (like a bank booth), GroundObject (floor decorations, these will usually be un-interactable/examinable and have no name), and GraphicsObject (a graphic that spawns and may do an animation and disappear).

Take this image, it has both GameObjects and GroundObjects.

tjCXAzU.png

The flowers (daisies) is a GameObject. You can right-click and see the name and examine it. They may also block stuff like hunter traps:

qba5TfN.png

The grass and stones on the path are GroundObjects, they are an object separate to the map terrain but you can't examine them and usually don't cause collisions:

ytTFoHN.png

Finally, what this topic is about, the GraphicsObjects. In this picture you can see the silver sickle bloom spell creates graphics objects around me that animate briefly and disappear:

Gd9XmAp.png

To answer the original question, I'm not sure the API directly supports a distinction between the types of objects. However, there might be ways around this, for example a GameObject with a name of "null" in its definition could well be a GroundObject. As for GraphicsObjects, there might be other properties that make it stand out, but I'm not quite sure how you'd access them. Try logging some properties of different GameObjects you know the type of and see if you can find any patterns.

44 minutes ago, Succulent said:

Finally, what this topic is about, the GraphicsObjects. In this picture you can see the silver sickle bloom spell creates graphics objects around me that animate briefly and disappear:

Gd9XmAp.png

To answer the original question, I'm not sure the API directly supports a distinction between the types of objects. However, there might be ways around this, for example a GameObject with a name of "null" in its definition could well be a GroundObject. As for GraphicsObjects, there might be other properties that make it stand out, but I'm not quite sure how you'd access them. Try logging some properties of different GameObjects you know the type of and see if you can find any patterns.

Yes you are exactly right,

I just attempted to see which of these object types it might fit into, but after doing some testing it seems that this might not be possible in this API. 
    What I did was I checked before and after i casted bloom to see if I can find out if any of these sizes or lengths got changed in any form. Sadly by doing this test I saw that none of the values changed at all.

log("Proj amount = " + getClient().getProjectiles().size());
    log("Entity amount = " + getClient().getEntities().size());
    log("Ground Object amount = " + getClient().getGroundItems().length);
    log("NPC Refs amount =" + getClient().getNPCRefrences().length);
    log("GameObjects =" + getGameObjects().all().size());

I am assuming that the only way I can go about this is potentially finding if a game model exists but I am not sure how accessible dreambot has their API for this as well as how to figure out what the model UID is in order to detect it.

If anyone has any ideas or knows how to detect the model and its position, any information would be very useful.

Archived