Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dynamically Changing Proxy

SubCZ

I am trying to dynamically change the proxy on my Dreambot client through code while a script is running (in order to let the script switch accounts).

The script is logging out the current account and then calls the following lines to change the proxy:

System.setProperty("socksProxyHost", HOST);
    System.setProperty("socksProxyPort", PORT);
    System.setProperty("java.net.socks.username", USERNAME);
    System.setProperty("java.net.socks.password", PASSWORD);

where HOST, PORT, USERNAME, and PASSWORD are Strings.

The script runs this part without throwing exceptions and logs the properties using System.getProperty(...) to confirm that the change was successful, but when it tries to log in, the runescape client gives me a "Couldn't connect to Server" message and the world selection in the log in screen can not be opened either. I assume this means the client did not connect to the proxy correctly.

Is there anything missing in my code?

No, if I pause the script after the new proxy has been set and I open a new tab the console logs "Failed to connect to OSRS, retrying...". I've confirmed though that the proxy is accurate and functioning as expected if I use the launcher window to set it.

Archived