Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How Is My Laptop For Running Scripts?

Tinkerfitz

I was wondering how many clients I could run scripts on at the same time that my laptop could handle.

It's a Dell Latitude E7250 with Windows 10 OS, 16 gb ram, Intel i7-5600 processor, and 512 gb hd.

Would I be able to run a decent amount of clients or would it be too much for my machine to handle that it would be negligible to even try?

Thanks much 😆

To many variables, just spool up 1 instance, and note how much mem/cpu is being used.  Then spool up a 2nd instance and monitor the change.  Watch it while the 2 bots run a script and note the peak usage you see form Dreambot.  Then with some basic math you can figure it out.  You also never defined a "decent amount of clients" not really able to give a guess.  You would run a couple tho easily just assure you prop the back of your laptop up a bit with a book or marker to help airflow.

2 hours ago, yeeter01 said:

To many variables, just spool up 1 instance, and note how much mem/cpu is being used.  Then spool up a 2nd instance and monitor the change.  Watch it while the 2 bots run a script and note the peak usage you see form Dreambot.  Then with some basic math you can figure it out.  You also never defined a "decent amount of clients" not really able to give a guess.  You would run a couple tho easily just assure you prop the back of your laptop up a bit with a book or marker to help airflow.

I'm not sure what quantifies a decent amount, I figured there was some ballpark measurement for what's considered many instances for botting and what's considered a small amount.

How do I know when my resources are being used up too much? By the time the laptop starts crashing or windows start freezing up? Also how much memory should I set for each client instance? Is that another measurement that takes testing when it comes to scripting?

19 minutes ago, Tinkerfitz said:

I'm not sure what quantifies a decent amount, I figured there was some ballpark measurement for what's considered many instances for botting and what's considered a small amount.

How do I know when my resources are being used up too much? By the time the laptop starts crashing or windows start freezing up? Also how much memory should I set for each client instance? Is that another measurement that takes testing when it comes to scripting?

Set Lowest! 

4 minutes ago, S t a t i c said:

Set Lowest! 

Keep in mind setting it lower puts more strain on the CPU for garbage collection, you want to find the right balance.

Archived