Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Override Mouse Pathing

SubCZ

Is there any way to override the calculatePath method in the DreamMouseAlgorithm class such that built-in methods of the API like interact/moveMouse etc use my custom calculatePath implementation?

I recorded a dataset of mouse movement data of myself playing runescape and trained a ML model to generate the movement based on that but I'm unsure how to integrate this into the API without having to rewrite most the functionality that uses mouse movement.

If Jagex is truly not able to detect the dreambot client or the injected clicks flag I believe the fact that we all use the same mouse movement algorithm is responsible for a lot of bans.

As far as I'm aware it isn't possible in DB2 (though I could be wrong). Though I'm under the impression that a similar system that allows integration of personally collected mouse data may exist in the upcoming DB3.

@Pandemic would be the man to truly supply information on both the things I said above.

Hey there, thanks for the question :)

As @Pseudo mentioned, there's not really an easy way for you do that in the current DreamBot version. It could be done, but it'd be a pretty significant undertaking.

We're currently working on DreamBot 3 (DB3) and I plan on abstracting a few things including the mouse's algorithm so you can easily create and add your own.

Also, don't try to use/replace DreamMouseAlgorithm, it doesn't look like it's even used anywhere in the client (we're doing a ton of refactoring to hopefully help get rid of stuff like this, haha).

Hope that helps.

Archived