Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Rotating camera to have object be visible

lousy

I'm making a script that needs to interact with entities in a crowded area. Generally when I play through this area I rotate the camera to face the objects before I click them, because the objects all have the same name right clicking them would really only be possible for a bot. As it stands the bot only rotates the camera every so often so in many cases its right clicking on the objects a fair bit, making me think if this was run for any amount of time I'd probably end up getting banned pretty easily. I'd like to have the script:

• check if the object I want is being drawn on top (like there is nothing else obscuring it, z buffer and all that)
    • if its not then rotate the camera so that the object is the one in front and it can be interacted with via left click.
    • if it is on top, do nothing

I saw some answers to a different question mention the text in the top left that would appear if the object I wanted was being hovered over, but I couldn't find that in the docs and I think that might fail if all the objects have the same name. I have also tried using `rotateToEntity` (or whatever that Camera function is) but that seems to only work if the object is outside of the viewport, not if its obscured by another object.

• 2 weeks later...

Try seeing what the pitch and yaw values are when the camera has a clear sight of your target object. Then you can create a method to adjust the camera based on random pitch/yaw values within the bounds of what you deemed is a clear angle, and only then interact with the object.

Archived