Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Timer

kamilo

Creating my own break handler, so since i have a Timer timer = new Timer() running i was wondering how could pause this timer during the break; ofcourse i would manually disable login etc.. but i also want to pause/resume this Timer from dreambot api, but nothing in the api has a pause button etc..

can someone help

save the remaining in a double... stop the timer.. create a new timer with the double amount.

//Start a timer
    Timer timer = new Timer(1000); //1 second

//Pause
    double remaining = timer.remaining(); //milliseconds
    timer = null;

//Resume
    timer = new Timer(remaining);

7 minutes ago, Defiled said:

save the remaining in a double... stop the timer.. create a new timer with the double amount.

//Start a timer

//Pause
    timer = null;

//Resume

That's a cool trick. I'm sure I'll make use of this, thanks

10 hours ago, Defiled said:

//Start a timer

//Pause
    timer = null;

//Resume

why are u doing new Timer(1000) instead of new Timer(); does it make a difference

or does it set the increment in milliseconds

35 minutes ago, kamilo said:

why are u doing new Timer(1000) instead of new Timer(); does it make a difference

or does it set the increment in milliseconds

1000 is the parameter for the countdown amount in milliseconds.. so if you set it to 1000 it'll count 1 second then it'll return finished() 

19 minutes ago, Defiled said:

1000 is the parameter for the countdown amount in milliseconds.. so if you set it to 1000 it'll count 1 second then it'll return finished() 

got it!, what if i start a timer counting upwards, just new Timer();, for checking how long the script is run for

how would i go about pausing that, cuz the code seems to be like a stop watch and counts down, but i want to count upwards (duration of the sript running), then pause (for break so its not included in total time ran), then resume choosing my own conditions

Archived