Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • So, I'm new to botting and need some help

Avali

As I said I'm new and need some help. I already have a few accounts that went through tutorial island, but I have no clue what to do after that. Idk what I should level for a bot farm or where I should go to start building up gold (I don't play OSRS and I don't have a main account to fund my bots) So please tell me what I should do, what scripts I should start with, or buy. Also I would like to try to stay in f2p for a bit until I understand how I should do things so I don't waste time when I pay for member. I already have the client installed but I don't have any proxies going, and I have ran some free scripts but I can't really find anything easy for me to use in f2p. Thanks in advance!

I know the main point of this site is to automate everything but I recommend you to actually "play the game" in order to understand the basics of what you are doing and what makes money in the game. Of course you don't have to take that route to still make gp so if you don't want to play the game, you can just test out some scripts that make you gp I guess. You could go easy and use a potato picking script and slowly build an understanding then move on.

16 minutes ago, wettofu said:

I know the main point of this site is to automate everything but I recommend you to actually "play the game" in order to understand the basics of what you are doing and what makes money in the game. Of course you don't have to take that route to still make gp so if you don't want to play the game, you can just test out some scripts that make you gp I guess. You could go easy and use a potato picking script and slowly build an understanding then move on.

Alright, well the reason why I'm asking for help with botting is because I don't want to play the game. I do understand that I wont understand a fair amount doing this, but I don't want to play the game because it's interesting to me. I just want to make some money by botting while I'm not at my pc. I have already done this style of "game play" with other games but they either got patched or took to long. But thanks for the reply anyways!

If you're looking to make any sort of decent money from selling gold you make from botting you only have a couple of options:

1. Have a huge bot farm with a bunch of accounts doing tasks that make minimal gp/hr. (This is made even more difficult by recent new-account restrictions)

2. Run a couple of good gp/hr scripts on a small pool of accounts. (These usually has high requirements for the account)

Unless you're looking to make an upfront investment and buy some accounts with decent requirements that can do better money making activities, you're going to have a REALLY hard time actually making any decent money with method 2 in the short term. Method 1 also has the potential of upfront cost though if your computer isn't strong enough to run a bunch of bots at once which means you'll need a VPS if you want to get serious about it.

I strongly advise you to take the advice of @wettofu as well and actually just play the game for a while. Watch some YouTube videos of people playing the game. Understanding how progression and money making works in this game will help you to become better at gold farming.

46 minutes ago, AlwaysKappa said:

If you're looking to make any sort of decent money from selling gold you make from botting you only have a couple of options:

1. Have a huge bot farm with a bunch of accounts doing tasks that make minimal gp/hr. (This is made even more difficult by recent new-account restrictions)

2. Run a couple of good gp/hr scripts on a small pool of accounts. (These usually has high requirements for the account)

Unless you're looking to make an upfront investment and buy some accounts with decent requirements that can do better money making activities, you're going to have a REALLY hard time actually making any decent money with method 2 in the short term. Method 1 also has the potential of upfront cost though if your computer isn't strong enough to run a bunch of bots at once which means you'll need a VPS if you want to get serious about it.

I strongly advise you to take the advice of @wettofu as well and actually just play the game for a while. Watch some YouTube videos of people playing the game. Understanding how progression and money making works in this game will help you to become better at gold farming.

I have been watching youtube videos, that's what got me interested in botting. But thanks for the input and actually the more I watch/play I get more interested in actually playing. So we'll see if I decide to play with a main. I already have 3 other games that I'm botting/playing so most of my pc and time is already taken up. Also how much are the preleveled accounts for sale? If there not that much I might buy 3-6 and do some high gp/hr tasks. If I do get into the botting side of the game without paying for accounts I have another pc/server to run a larger bot farm so. ty for the comment!

35 minutes ago, Avali said:

I have been watching youtube videos, that's what got me interested in botting. But thanks for the input and actually the more I watch/play I get more interested in actually playing. So we'll see if I decide to play with a main. I already have 3 other games that I'm botting/playing so most of my pc and time is already taken up. Also how much are the preleveled accounts for sale? If there not that much I might buy 3-6 and do some high gp/hr tasks. If I do get into the botting side of the game without paying for accounts I have another pc/server to run a larger bot farm so. ty for the comment!

Glad I could help! And there's some accounts for sale in the Marketplace section of this website, as well as a variety of other sites that sell accounts. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention other sites directly here but a quick google search of "Runescape accounts for sale" will give you a lot of results for different sellers.

2 hours ago, AlwaysKappa said:

Glad I could help! And there's some accounts for sale in the Marketplace section of this website, as well as a variety of other sites that sell accounts. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention other sites directly here but a quick google search of "Runescape accounts for sale" will give you a lot of results for different sellers.

Thanks for the help! I will lookup a few and see if I can find anything good.

You have an uphill battle if you don't play the game, but it's still fun to get into. I know because I don't really play it either. I assume your goal is money, so take a look at this wiki page: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Money_making_guide

You'll have to look for a f2p method with no or low requirements, then find or code a bot to do it.

I would suggest starting simple to get a feel for botting , and not really worrying about profit. Do some free scripts for killing chickens or whatever. When you start making gold, store it on a hand made mule account that you don't bot on, or a dicing site like runebet (if you have the willpower not to gamble it away) *nvm don't do this*.

You should also know that F2P botting got harder recently. There are new restrictions limiting what you can sell and trade. You will not be able to sell most items, and cannot trade items to other accounts. You CAN accept items in trades, and CAN drop items when killed for other accounts to pick up. People have been farming sellable goods, buying rune armor notes, and having alts kill them in the wilderness to get gold off low level f2p accounts.

• New Free-to-play accounts have trade restrictions in place until the account's logged in time surpasses 20 hours, 10 or more quest points are acquired, and reaching 100 total level.
    • Such restrictions include a block from selling items on the Grand Exchange. This restriction is in place to help prevent botted and black-market goods from entering the economy, as many of the accounts are caught and banned before they can be logged in for 20 hours in total.
    https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Account

Bot in F2P till you get a feel for it and decide you want to scale up, then switch to P2P. P2P methods make significantly more, but also you need to make enough to cover the membership. If you don't have gold for a members account at that point, you can get a bond and a couple mil extra for $5 or $6 on gold sites.

Archived