Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Game doesn't launch depending on machine

Aeglen

Backstory: In Summer 2016 I wanted to look at botting and tried using DreamBot (since it looked the most promising of the softwares), only to find that the game wouldn't launch. Instead I used the far inferior other-bot-beginning-with-p whose API honestly made me hate java... anyhow now I am having another go, with a new computer, something interesting seems to be happening:

This computer: Win 8.1, Java 8 32-bit. Dreambot hardly ever has any issues launching the game. There are never any issues launching the jar or client.

Other computer#1: Win 7, Java 8 64-bit. Dreambot only manages to launch the game ~2% of the time. There are never any issues launching the jar or client.

Other computer#2: Win 7, Java 8 32-bit. Dreambot hardly ever has any issues launching the game. There are never any issues launching the jar or client.

Note that lowering the RAM or restarting other computer #1 did not appear to help. Could this be an issue with the java being 64 bit? Will have to wait till tomorrow to change it. 

Neither 32 bit java nor jarfix helped, but thanks. However, I tried launching from cmd and was met with the following:

[ERROR] Failed to connect to OSRS, retrying... (x10)

Failed to start InstanceWrapper!

log7j:ERROR No output stream or file set for the appender named [LocalFile].

Also note that <working machine> and <not-working machine> have exactly the same IP, firewall, etc and I'm not using a proxy.

If you're not using a proxy, make sure you don't have any firewall or VPN active. For some reason it's failing to connect to OSRS. You could also try turning off any antivirus programs.

Archived