Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Learning Java

Cruel

1. Lynda.com --- Java Essential Training

A 7 hour introduction to the language and programming in general, for absolute noobs.

2. Book --- Head First Java

A fun book, lots of code examples, easy to read.

3. Lynda.com --- Java Advanced Training

Continuation of the essential training, will warm you up for number 4.

4. Book --- Thinking In Java

This will be your Java bible.

5. Book --- Effective Java

Fun book that will explain you conventions, good practice, bad practice, etc...

Thanks to everyone except you. This is useless lol

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm still taking suggestions :) Starting right now!

Good luck! The key to learning programming is to never feel discouraged, it's going to take you a year or so of working every day until you will be making your own scripts without others help, and even after a year you still will look at code and have just no idea what it means which can be discouraging, as long as you don't give up it's easy :) good luck again!

Incoming "it only took me 2 months to learn you must be dumb" comments haha. Which is another discouraging thing about programming, it can sometimes be hard watching others progress crazy fast. Just know professional programmers (counting professional as grad in computer science/engineering with a job in that field) have spent thousands of hours in the computer lab, they're always there ha. Like four years every days in the computer lab, so it's hard, but anyone can do it!

1. Lynda.com --- Java Essential Training

A 7 hour introduction to the language and programming in general, for absolute noobs.

2. Book --- Head First Java

A fun book, lots of code examples, easy to read.

3. Lynda.com --- Java Advanced Training

Continuation of the essential training, will warm you up for number 4.

4. Book --- Thinking In Java

This will be your Java bible.

5. Book --- Effective Java

Fun book that will explain you conventions, good practice, bad practice, etc...

Purchased the book in step 2 and loving it :) Also a special thanks to @Stormscythe for helping me get my feet off the ground and devoting his time to me. I'm starting to understand it.

You gotta believe!

Please don't delete this post - it's inspirational and I mean it.

Confirm. Leave this. Gave me the power to move on.

Good luck and don't be discouraged by comments. You can do it trust me I'm just learning java now to write scripts but I have previous CS background.

Definitely possible. Use the resources we have posted to you and put in work.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck and don't be discouraged by comments. You can do it trust me I'm just learning java now to write scripts but I have previous CS background.

Definitely possible. Use the resources we have posted to you and put in work.

Took my words out of my mouth. It will be a difficult road, but one that can lead to many opportunities. As someone who works for a big football organization. Any sort of java can lead to endless possibilities, reach for the sky and keep on driving.

A successful man does not just simply reach his goal. He must take 1000 twists and turns to ultimately get where he was planning with much suffering along the way. But he will be a better more enduring man. YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Purchased the book in step 2 and loving it :) Also a special thanks to @Stormscythe for helping me get my feet off the ground and devoting his time to me. I'm starting to understand it.

Didn't even see this! 

You are very welcome buddy - I hope you are doing well, and that you are progressing! :-) 

Archived