Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How viable are goldfarms in 2020?

beastcoast94

It's been a while since I've touched runescape, but SARS-COV-2 has left me with an abundance of time and the inability to work

I've spent the past few days exploring clients, scrips, and re-familiarizing myself with the botting community. It seems as though Jagex has seriously improved their bot detection, or at least decided to finally do something about it. I'm reading frequent reports of people being banned within 1-2 days of account creation or starting their bot, sometimes hours, even with generous breaks. Members are (seemingly) being  banned just as quickly as f2p. 

The price of osrs gold has not seemed to reflect these changes at all, which makes goldfarming seem even more daunting in the current state. Either some people are retaining success or the majority of gold is produced now by legit players bossing? I have no idea, just speculating

Is it even possible to do everything right? Or are you just going to be replacing accounts as fast as you can create them, or at least faster than they can pay for themselves (bonds, proxies, server fees, script fees, in-game supplies, the risk of a chainban taking out the mule). Curious to hear your perspectives. Thanks all

I've found that using rested accs (completed tutorial then rested for atleast two weeks) significantly lowers the banrate. I used to get banned within the same day of completing tut, however with rested accs I can last weeks! 

If botting was brain dead simple everyone would be able to do it meaning there would be no money left to be made!  Since Jagex's bot detection is a black box it is impossible to do 'everything right' like you had mentioned in your post.  Rally it just takes a lot of trail and error / experimentation.   A few years ago when I was working on my largest farm I took notes and did multiple test between various clients finding each clients weak/strong points as well as tracking minor changes in scripts I wrote to see what may or may not influence the ban rate for a particular method.  For me hunting niche farming methods turned  out to decrease ban rate and increase profits to a ratio I enjoyed.  It's really a game of persistence and adaptation. 

glhf

The new newbie restrictions have definitely changed the game up too. 

"New Free-to-play accounts have trade restrictions in place until the account's logged in time surpasses 20 hours, 10 or more quest points are acquired, and reaching 100 total level. Such restrictions include a block from selling items on the Grand Exchange. This restriction is in place to help prevent botted and black-market goods from entering the economy, as many of the accounts are caught and banned before they can be logged in for 20 hours in total."

It also allowed us to see the heaviest bot methods in the markets. If what you are farming did not change much in value this month, that's a good sign you're botting something unique.

Archived