Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dev Blog #12

Nuclear Nezz

Hello everyone, and welcome to our 12th dev blog.

Sorry it's been so long between them, but our time has been separated on a bunch of smaller tasks that we felt didn't really merit enough to make a dev blog about.

I'm here to tell you that we've made great progress.

Walking:

We've been pounding through walking, and trying to focus on some of the current issues with it.

In the next version you'll find:

1. Our walker will now find a path for multi-plane tiles. (can walk to lumby bank now!)
    2. Custom obstacles should be 100% functional. (more will be on this below)
    3. The actual walking bit is also being reworked to be more stable.

So, while these may seem like small benefits to a few of you, I know they're large to others. :)

For obstacles we've created a bit more structured system for them.

You now have three obstacle classes: PassableObstacle, ClimbableObstacle, and DestructibleObstacle.

Each name kind of implies what they are for. If you add your own custom obstacles it would look something like:

getWalking().getPathFinder().addObstacle(new PassableObstacle.PassableObstacleBuilder("Door", "Open").createPassableObstacle());

The obstacles use an object pattern typed as the "builder" pattern. What this means is that you use an inner class to create the actual class object, but don't need as many constructors. (hence the PassableObstacle.PassableObstacleBuilder(), the createPassableObstacle() creates the actual obstacle)

This adds the obstacle to a list of "available" obstacles, and the path finder will then use that list to determine if a tile has an obstacle on it. There are methods to hard code your own tiles, but they will not impact the actual pathfinder. It uses the list of available obstacles just for name of the obstacle and action. If hardcoding tiles in is something scripters want, it would be easy to implement.

UI:

@Notorious has made fantastic progress on the UI, as seen below.

We're going to wait until we fully integrate the new UI into the client before our next release, so our next release will be a bit big.

kIDTE4D.png

Our new script selector you will be able to give a local script an image which will show up in the script manager. If no image, then it just displays the name like below. 

iO3cEgL.png

We've also been working on interactions and our whole system of events. We've come to realize this is going to be an even bigger project than the ones we're working on right now, so the full rework will wait until after this next release. Interactions should be improved on this release.

Thanks everyone for sticking with us and being patient. :)

The Dream Team

Awesome! Glad to see that you guys are actively improving some of the core features of the bot, things are looking great. My opinion on the new UI though, it looks rather off-putting. The colors are weird, but I'm going to assume that can be customized so not really a huge concern. The general flow of the elements seems somewhat unorganized and obtrusive though. The menu bar is rather large and I don't see the point of the hamburger icon on it. I don't really like how scripts are boxed and tiled for display instead of a list either. I realize these things are subject to change before the final release, and I just wanted to provide some of my thoughts. I may just have weird taste as well, if so disregard my weirdness. I appreciate the hard work.

Awesome! Glad to see that you guys are actively improving some of the core features of the bot, things are looking great. My opinion on the new UI though, it looks rather off-putting. The colors are weird, but I'm going to assume that can be customized so not really a huge concern. The general flow of the elements seems somewhat unorganized and obtrusive though. The menu bar is rather large and I don't see the point of the hamburger icon on it. I don't really like how scripts are boxed and tiled for display instead of a list either. I realize these things are subject to change before the final release, and I just wanted to provide some of my thoughts. I may just have weird taste as well, if so disregard my weirdness. I appreciate the hard work.

So yes you are right, the colors are customizable, these are just my preferred colors. Though for this design, I emphasized the flat UI style, trying to make everything as clear and organized as possible, so if your a first time client user, you don't feel intimidated by a bunch of buttons that look complicated. That's is a reason for everything being a bit larger scale, and basic flat design.

But most scripts after the update, will be showing as a icon once the writer chooses to create/set it in there scripts. So instead of the list of words, it will show the script logo if available, otherwise the just plain text as shown in OP. Oh and actually the icon to the left on the menu bar is actually a slide over menu toggle:

aShKjfY.gif

So yes you are right, the colors are customizable, these are just my preferred colors. Though for this design, I emphasized the flat UI style, trying to make everything as clear and organized as possible, so if your a first time client user, you don't feel intimidated by a bunch of buttons that look complicated. That's is a reason for everything being a bit larger scale, and basic flat design.

But most scripts after the update, will be showing as a icon once the writer chooses to create/set it in there scripts. So instead of the list of words, it will show the script logo if available, otherwise the just plain text as shown in OP. Oh and actually the icon to the left on the menu bar is actually a slide over menu toggle:

aShKjfY.gif

Sweet, now that you sort of showed everything in action and clarified a couple things it looks much better to me. I like the flat design, still not a huge fan of the largeness though, but I can definitely see where you're coming from with ease of use. Speaking of ease of use, I was actually just reading this article about the logistics of the hamburger icon here, although it may not pertain to botting demographic really.

Looks good! But the designs looks like another bot like 80%. :P

Please continue, because to my knowledge no other client looks similar to my UI design.

Now if your saying in terms of color, using the same logic I can say my car looks like a rock, being they are both grey.

Though that would be a completely invalid design flaw, as you are able to customize the color of almost every component in the UI, including the icons; this just happens to be my preferred color choice.

Archived