Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Breaking org.dreambot.api.script.loader.LocalLoader

yetanotherbot

I'm using a dependency (gson) which has a module-info. Script manager hits an expection when enumerating scripts and the script never shows up.

The problem only seems to be with finding the scripts, not running them.

Scenario 1:

• Build script without dependency
    • Launch DreamBot and open script manager
    • Script is found
    • With script manager still open, rebuild script jar with dependencies
    • Script manager throws a bunch of errors but the script is still listed
    • Script can be started and works as expected including dependency calls

Scenario 2:

• Build script with dependency
    • Launch DreamBot and open script manager
    • Exceptions throw. Script manager broken. No script found.
    • At this stage, recompiling without dependency or closing script manager has no effect. Client restart needed.

Both scenarios throw this error:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: module-info has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0.

Only Scenario 2 throws:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.dreambot.api.script.loader.LocalLoader

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks

Thanks both for replies. What I've done so far is downloaded the source for gson, deleted the manifest-info, and recompiled. That works but it feels complicated, esp if it wasn't open source.

@Articron

@Articron I have under Artifacts added 'extracted gson.2.8.6-db' and under modules ticked the library with scope compile. Is this what you mean or something else?

I think IntelliJ is ignoring the module-info file for java <9 and so it never gets rebuilt. Just a thought.

@yeeter01 will have a read through that, thanks!

Archived