Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Pomodoro Timers

yeeter

Anyone here use pomodoro timers or something similar on the regular?  If so what is your experience?  Today is only Monday and my motivation for existing is already running low this morning so need a way to stay focused.  

1 minute ago, Defiled said:

aha.. I used to do it when I was in med school.. 30min studying 5 min break

I'm afraid I don't follow. When is the 4 hour youtube rabbit hole?

Just now, BillBurry said:

I mostly fall in that hole while studying in bed. Nowadays if I wanna be productive I get as far away from bed as possible

17 minutes ago, BillBurry said:

that easily turned into 8 hours at work today 😬

@yeeter01 I've always found myself not being able to focus longer than 50 minutes at a time. So I am on the 50-10 schedule for work. 50 minutes of work, 10 minute walk/break. While I understand this is incredibly inefficient purely from a time perspective, I seem to get more accomplished because I know at the end of the 50 minute stint I will be rewarded with a break.

On 4/6/2020 at 1:10 PM, yeeter01 said:

Anyone here use pomodoro timers or something similar on the regular?  If so what is your experience?  Today is only Monday and my motivation for existing is already running low this morning so need a way to stay focused.  

I try to do 60 minutes of work, then 15 minutes of something else.
    I haven't been great at it, because I've been swamped with like 6 projects, but when I was doing it it worked pretty well.
    Whether it's cleaning, exercise, taking the dog out, just kinda somethin to take your mind elsewhere for a minute.

48 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

I try to do 60 minutes of work, then 15 minutes of something else.
    I haven't been great at it, because I've been swamped with like 6 projects, but when I was doing it it worked pretty well.
    Whether it's cleaning, exercise, taking the dog out, just kinda somethin to take your mind elsewhere for a minute.

Will take a crack at the time frame. Tried doing it a bit this week and it seemed alright but to early to tell if its increasing productivity. 

Archived