Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • One ID many nodes. Bug or design?

yetanotherbot

I've noticed that it's possible to end up with multiple AbstractWebNode sharing the same node ID. This causes some interesting side effects.

For example, tearing down custom nodes with clearCustomNodes() can also delete standard nodes without warning. A client restart is required to restore the original web.

It happens when a node is added too close to an existing node (specifically less than 5 tiles).  I've implemented a proximity check as a workaround.

Is this a bug or by design? Couldn't find any reference in the docs.

Thanks

I don't think that should happen, no.
    I'll take a look at it this weekend if I can. Thanks for the report! Especially where you specify that it's less than 5 tiles, that's really helpful for me to go look into the bug. I appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 4/3/2020 at 10:55 AM, yetanotherbot said:

Thanks Nezz! Appreciate it.

If it doesn't reproduce easily let me know and I'll put together a code sample.

I'm going to add in some synchronization checks on the add/remove methods, maybe there's just a problem concurrency.

It'll be in the next release, though I'm not sure when that release is going to be at the moment.

Archived